OT: Back from holiday - in pain

andreas

• Members

It's nice to be back in civilization again, after a couple of weeks' holiday. But it hurts... a little over a week ago, while on holiday, I broke my right ankle. I ended up being shipped by ambulance 150kms down to Stockholm for surgery. Five screws and a titanium plate later, the broken bones were fixed, and I had to start coming to terms with having my right foot in a cast. Walking on crutches in 30 degrees (86F) of summer heat is hard and sweaty work...

Next week the cast will come off, thankfully, as the stitches will be taken out. They opened both sides of my ankle, so there are two surgery wounds to heal (and hurt). But if everything has gone according to plan, I will get an AirCast boot instead, which will let me use the foot to support myself while walking. I can't wait (although I can imagine how much it will hurt when I first start moving my ankle again).

So, did I miss anything exciting while I was gone? :D

/Andreas

• Members

It was just another "playing around" accident, I suppose. I just *happened* to spray some water on a friend, who obviously started chasing me. I can be quite fast, but not over any sort of distance, so he quickly caught up with me. I was wearing sandals, and as we tumbled to the ground, my right foot (or sandal) got caught in the grass. This twisted my foot outwards quite a bit, and we both could hear the bones crack before I felt any pain...

Three separate bones were broken, two smaller ones on each side of the ankle as well as the fibula. Not very nice, no. But the nurses were hot, at least... :cool:

/Andreas

• Members

i broke my ankle during soccer as well. bugger slid into my ankle at like 30km/hr. broke 3 parts of my bone. had a plate and 6 screws in as well.

no fun at all. no fun.

try to do some physio, my doc {censored}ed up and didn't give me any physio follow ups, my foot can't feel anything now, at like like 70% of it.

Archived