FUZZ help please

RoboPimp

• Members

I want to try another "fuzz" pedal...

The only one I ever had was the omega fuzz from tonefactor and I sold it because it was not quite right. I really liked the way it cleaned up but I am looking maybe for one with a tone knob or some way to adjust the bass/treble response.

I'm looking at the BYOC pedals, which one will give me a full frequency response with a nice fuzz tone? I think I would like a dark bassy kinda fuzzz that still has a nice "sizzle" to the fuzz.

• Members

I have an Aramat Mojo Fuzz for $95. Read the reviews.

BTW, I also have an Omega that I love! It's the Birthday Fuzz in a smaller box. Have tried the Cat's Eye Hybrid, DODFX52, Ibanez FZ7, Tonefactor Hellbilly, and had the B'day Fuzz. The B'day I sold back to Brian, and the rest are history. The Omega is the best of the lot.

• Members

Have you ever tried the DOD FX52 Classic Fuzz? It can defintely get pretty flabby, but still has some treble bite ... hence the reason many refer to it as a Big Muff/Rat hybrid. :cool:

• Members

Yeah there are so many goddamn fuzz posts on this board lately....

So instead of starting a new one, i figure i'll leech onto one that kind of relates, apologies to respecting parties...

I've got a fuzz factory. Its potentially awesome, but in live situations, it throws itself so out of context at times that its frustrating..

Anyone know a similar fuzz thats more easily tailorable?

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

I want to try another "fuzz" pedal...

The only one I ever had was the omega fuzz from tonefactor and I sold it because it was not quite right. I really liked the way it cleaned up but I am looking maybe for one with a tone knob or some way to adjust the bass/treble response.

I'm looking at the BYOC pedals, which one will give me a full frequency response with a nice fuzz tone? I think I would like a dark bassy kinda fuzzz that still has a nice "sizzle" to the fuzz.

I think you should go BYOC GE cuz you can tailor the caps and bias to your liking..

2 cents..

• Members

Hey Robo...... definitely check out the HellBilly. The tone knob on it gives it a huge range of sounds. Much more versatile than the Omega/Birthday. The HellBilly is many pedals in one but has a ton of gain and a broad tone range.

Archived