My psychedelic, Drone, super layered songs

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

Is this from the same period as the material that you posted in The Noize Lounge? Do I hear subliminal messages?
:eek:

this was about a year before the psr stuff (ambient keyboard stuff).
Yeah, i have a small digital recorder, and sometimes take notes on it, record small ideas, etc. I took a sample from that and slowed it down, and put some more effects on it.

• Members
Originally posted by SeanGuitar

What equipment did you use to make that stuff? I really like a lot of the textures.

on the "Intro" song, there are tons of over dubs of my Yamaha PSR-47 keyboard. Its from around 1989. I layered lots of different sounds from the keyboard, organ sounds, strings sounds, and ebow on top of it.

All the tracks were recorded in N-tracks, i'm not sure what version, but it was a simple progam that let me do lots of effects, and lots of layers pretty quick. The end of the song it goes into a little melodic round. That was a little jam that i did on my DL4, and i decided to record it on my comp, and layer it on top of itself with lots of filters and trems and choruses, to increase the intesity.

The second song, "wills", has about 30 layers at one point, just ebow, slide on electric guitar, yamaha acoustic guitar, lots of keyboard, and 3 different types of electric guitar layers. I basically wanted it to be super duper layers.. its all very simple melodies, but when doubled and tripled up, it sounds pretty intense.

lots of the same on the last song, also some fruity loops stuff.

sorry for rambling on...
cool!:)

Archived