(OT) Allow me to reintroduce myself...

• Members

Can't believe it's been so long since I've posted here! DAMN! For those that remember me... big up! Big up AudacityWorks! How goes it!?

Finally moving to a house where I can really stretch my gear out (pictures to come soon). Although in the last move Argosy Dual 15K got dropped by someone helping me move! Who knows what's broken and if I can get replacement parts for what is. Oh well, the 88 key Triton didn't fit well in the slot anyway... maybe I just have to go another route.

Finally addressed my going bald at 30 and just shaved it all off. Date scene is good. Kids are awesome. Work sucks but is paying the bills. Basically, life is good... Anyway, just wanted to reintroduce myself. Carry on. :thu:

• Members

Hey platinumtouch,

Welcome back! I'm interested in why the Triton didn't fit the Argosy. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 15K w/825 racks , but hearing your comment about the triton not fitting kinda gets my attention. :confused:

I'm going to try and fit my Triton Extreme 88 in there. Could you be more specific on how it doesn't fit..length, width, ??

Is it still a good unit despite this? Originally I was looking at the Omnirax F2, but decided on the Argosy. I noticed AudacityWorks has one too.

Thanks,

TL

• Members

StratOLounger:

The Triton Studio 88 is too deep (17.25") and hangs off the end considerably. I believe the Triton Extreme is not as deep so you may be in luck but I personally like how the Triton fits in an Omnirax F2 better. It's just kind of awkward in the 15K, once the plug is plugged in leaves you so little shelf to acutally work with on top of the already large depth of the Triton. I know my man Audacity swears by the Argosy and was actually one of the people who recommended it to me... don't get me wrong, the quality is awesome, it looks awesome with all the gear in it and it is pretty damn functional but with a beast like the Triton in it I probably would go another route. I'll probably end up going Omnirax and then seeing what I can do to repair my busted Argosy and either keep that for a smaller board and some gear or sell it. Hope that helps

• Members

There is actually a thread going right now about the people who have been here for five years. I started thinking about who was around when I started posting here (around 3-4 years ago,) and thought of your name. (among some others, Blue Halo, Scuby, etc.)

• Members

Originally posted by StratOLounger

platinumtouch...

Thanks.
:)

Strat: No problem... let me know what you decide to do. I'm very curious... may influence my final decision as well. Wonder what Audacity thinks console talk?

Originally posted by J3RK

There is actually a thread going right now about the people who have been here for five years. I started thinking about who was around when I started posting here (around 3-4 years ago,) and thought of your name. (among some others, Blue Halo, Scuby, etc.)

I remember you too actually. I had another account that got gaffed up and switched to this one (basically the same name with spaces) and this one only has 30 some odd posts but I was here for a while and joined around 3-4 year ago range. Which thread is it about the 5 year crew? Curious to read it. Took some time of from music for other pursuits and to make some major life changes hopefully now I will be back in the fold of music and this board for good. Good to see you again man :thu:

Archived