Mesa .22+ is a loud amp (clip)

RoboPimp

• Members

here's a clip from a jam the other night, all improv trying to write a new song. My friend has this .22 mesa he got from his buddy for $150:eek:

Listen to how it keeps right up with the drummer volume despite the mic being next to the drummer and the amp was on the floor pointing at my feet - hence it is very muddy sounding on the recording but it still is kicking some serious volume out for TWO EL84s!! the clean tone is the amp by itself, then I kick in a dist pedal and some delay.

I want one of these amps so bad!! Oh well, at least I get to play this one all the time and I have my own mesa mk IIB.

(sorry for the crappy recording and playing, we were all quite buzzed)

click here

• Members

Originally posted by SASQUATCH

Guitar Center in Indianapolis had one for $489 last time I was in there, I'd bet they would ship it to you.......

hmm, yeaah... I don't got the cash, that's the main problem. I'm saving up for a decent light show, so that kills my budget for a little while.

just amazed by the remarkable amount of volume from this little amp.

• Members
Originally posted by Thelonius

How do those compare to the subway rockets I wonder.

BTW.....are you assface?
:confused:

it's all subjective, I know someone who got one of the subway models (there's a few I believe?) and he really liked it... this after owning a tone king comet 40 which is a pretty bad ass amp (deluxe on steriods)

yeah, assface. That's me.

• Members

Originally posted by The Gainster

The .22 loves pedals also. The lead channel sucks...but who cares.

Yes, the lead channel is ass. But yeah, otherwise makes for a great little loud ass rehearsal amp. I switched out the speaker and put EH tubes in mine and it screams.

• Members

The Subways rule. I loved mine and miss it, had to sell.

Right now I am having my doubts about owning the Mark I. I love it's clean sound and I like the sirty sound but I can't switch between them on the fly. If I could get a very boogiesque pedal.

Any ideas?

• Members

Originally posted by Mesabooger

Right now I am having my doubts about owning the Mark I. I love it's clean sound and I like the sirty sound but I can't switch between them on the fly. If I could get a very boogiesque pedal.

Any ideas?

Pm me your #.

• Members
Originally posted by Mesabooger

Any ideas?

Yeah, I'm using the Mesa studio pre. It's also from the wayback machine.

Awesome sounding cleans, mindblowing distortion.

But they share the same eq controls etc. so while I can actually switch between them unlike the MkI, it's not exactly good to get proper volumes, etc.

I guess that's why they call it the studio pre. :D

The mesa quad fixed this problem but it wasn't the same unit, although it looked like a "double pre" it was a totally different machine.

Archived