White SH-201

MuzikB

• Members

yeah, looks like that's his 'act hard for the camera' pose. he looks like too much of a goof in the picture with Bruce Forat to be too much of a prick i think. ehh, who cares. yes, nice stand. i'd love to have something like that (i actually thought about talking prices with a metal shop for a custom stand a couple years ago, never bothered with it).

i agree that the Forat jobs mostly look like complete {censored}. yes, a *lot* of it has to do with the horrible tastes of their clientele, but their quality isn't worth the price. they're still using lame old fonts from the 80s and their paint jobs aren't anything better than what you could get done at the local collision shop. the only reason those Rolands look so good is because Roland supplied the graphics. they did a couple(?) MV-8000s when they were released that looked like hell due to the fonts they used. it's like they did a decent job on maybe 2/10 MPCs that they have up there. it's great to see some thug with his 'ruined' MPC that he just paid maybe a grand for. :D ever seen their extra large pads for the MPCs? :D or how about their *bling*bling* custom mic holders? lol :D :D dumb ass {censored} for people with more money than sense...

• Members

The fact that the most-customized item seems to be samplers lends a certain flavour to the whole operation, doesn't it.

edit: And while I notice it, their listing of JD990 and D550 under 'keyboards' in their studio gear listing. As in 'keyboards' or 'samplers'.

B>

• Members

Originally posted by pagan

michael.jackson-bet-awards.jpg

:eek:

blecchhh, they look like a couple of freak alien twins. oh yeah, except Michael is white. look at their noses. weird. they must have the same plastic surgeon. either that or their plastic surgeons have the same sense of humor.

then again, look at those boobs.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by MuzikB

Marcus Brown seems to like it. When is it going to be our turn at it?

great pictures. I would like to color my X3 Korg but I know anyone could do such a great job.

But does Roland made those sinth with this color or Does Marcus made it by himself?

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

the only reason those Rolands look so good is because Roland supplied the graphics.

Since all newer Roland products have a PDF manual and since manufacturers usually draw their instruments in vector format, ripping the graphics is a relatively trivial process. I mean, it's not like you have to completely re-draw everything. Same deal with Nord; I mean, some creative editing and you have the exact shapes to cut out of the plastic.

• Members

well then it's evident that Forat is not capable of this 'far out' (or is it 'fringe'?) technology. hence, they suck. they are a low-class reality of what could/should be an excellent idea/company. too bad. someone should move in on them.

• Members

Well... Forat has the advantage of the name. Plus a big portfolio to boot. It would take a while for newcomers to catch up on that, because they couldn't say "look, we built this awfully gaudy piece for Snoop". Regardless if it's kitsch, it's still Snoop Dogg we're talking about here.

I don't think there's much money to be had in the area, really. After all, you're still not changing the underlying synth/sampler; just its looks. It won't sound better, it'll just look better; and all that only in the eye of the beholder.

Let Forat do their business. Just keep in mind that whenever you drop by to pimp your MPC, at least have the decency to make it look good instead of :freak: .

• Members

Man, you folks are tough on people. You don't even know Marcus.

Bear in mind that HE"S jammin with Madonna and your NOT. That means that there's likely a lot of talent there and a whole lot of knowledge in that noodle.

I hope some of you aren't really looking at getting into the industry. A bit of humility and diplomacy can go a long way.

But this is all coming at cha from that arrogant guy. :rolleyes:

Internet anonymity just seems to bring out the worst in some people. :(

Be :cool:

• Members

they're still using lame old fonts from the 80s and their paint jobs aren't anything better than what you could get done at the local collision shop.

The fonts are actually very easy to get on the internet ...

The only hard thing is creating a decent layout for the silk screeing process. The underlaying paintjob is probably automotive paint, so funny you should mention that.

When I had my xl7 and I was on the yahoo group for it, all every one talked about was repainting theirs. They had quite a detailed archive of the process in how to disassemble it, paint it, and I think one guy was even selling screens for laying down the text and graphics.

Now i wasn't coming down on the guy, I just couldnt help but notice a ceartain level of "please kill me" in his eyes lol

• Members

Bear in mind that HE"S jammin with Madonna and your NOT. That means that there's likely a lot of talent there and a whole lot of knowledge in that noodle.

Or he just knows Madonna and is standing up on the stage doing nothing to sampled music.... Could be that there is not talent of knowledge at all in that noodle.

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

Damn, you guys are hard on a fellow.

Maybe he's not a prick at all?....

He's not. I sat and talked with him for quite a while, and he's actually a really nice guy... :cool:

Originally posted by Umbra

Or he just knows Madonna and is standing up on the stage doing nothing to sampled music.... Could be that there is not talent of knowledge at all in that noodle.

A) Talent of knowledge? ;)

B)Wrong. I believe he does all of his parts in real time.

dB

• Members

I'm gonna claim english is not my native language. So how terrible of you to pick on a poor third world native....:p

Wrong. I believe he does all of his parts in real time.

Believe or know?:p

only in America can a poor black kid from Indiana turn into a white billionaire. what a country.

A poor black kid turning into a white billionaire, a man turning into a grandma, and a woman becoming part plastic.

• Members

Originally posted by Umbra

I'm gonna claim english is not my native language. So how terrible of you to pick on a poor third world native....
:p

Sorry. My bad. ;)

Believe or know?
:p

Well, I didn't stand behind him for the whole set.... :idea:

...but the way he was talking (about things like how he played the arpeggios in real time on Lucky Star) combined with the fact that he said that they weren't using any samplers led me to believe that he plays all his parts in real time. ;)

I could be wrong though...and if it makes you feel better to believe that he 'just knows Madonna and is standing up on the stage doing nothing to sampled music....", go right ahead. Me, I tend to assume the best of people, not the worst.

dB

• Members

Originally posted by MuzikB

Man, you folks are tough on people. You don't even know Marcus.

Internet anonymity just seems to bring out the worst in some people.
:(

Be
:cool:

Actually internet anonymity sometimes makes people put in words those first thoughts that everyone has but usually doesn't speak. I have to admit, that's was my immediate thought when I first looked at these pics. But then I remembered some of my poses in the promo shots I did when I was that age.

Madonna has hired some mighty talented keyboard players for her tours over the years. In every interview I've read, they have been maniacal in covering all the true keyboard parts in her concerts. One of them said, I can't remember which, that this isn't a one-hand gig.... every song has both hands involved often doing two or sometimes three completely different parts.

I was intrigued by these pics, so I read a review of her LA concert. I understand why that keyboard stand looks so sturdy now. The band part of the stage is in almost constant movement, and I imagine it might get a little bumpy up there at times.

As for Madonna, according to the reviewer, she's getting a little bitchy in her old age... cussing out the audience if they don't get involved and sing along when she asks (or orders) them to.

• Members

Originally posted by mrcpro

Madonna has hired some mighty talented keyboard players for her tours over the years. In every interview I've read, they have been maniacal in covering all the true keyboard parts in her concerts. One of them said, I can't remember which, that this isn't a one-hand gig.... every song has both hands involved often doing two or sometimes three completely different parts.

Marcus made similar comments. He said that one of the most challenging things for him was practicing the program changes, which he says there are lots of, and he does do them in real time.

I understand why that keyboard stand looks so sturdy now. The band part of the stage is in almost constant movement, and I imagine it might get a little bumpy up there at times.

Actually...

The background vocalists are on the same riser with Marcus. He says that when they dance, it shakes the whole thing. :eek:

As for Madonna, according to the reviewer, she's getting a little bitchy in her old age... cussing out the audience if they don't get involved and sing along when she asks (or orders) them to.

She didn't curse the audience out when I saw them, but she did play with them. She had people jumping up and down at one point, and she gave one section {censored} for not jumping high enough...but she definitely did it in good humor, though.

dB

• Members

So, all Forat does is a naft little paintjob?

That's all well and good, but I'm looking for someone that does actual mods to equipment.

If possible, i want someone to replace the ADACs in my Roland MC909 with the ADACs from my Ensoniq DP/2. I'd rather pay someone for that, instead of airbrushing my favorite hockey team on it.

Archived