Cool new low wattage amp. Thanks Fingermush!

Blungo

• Members

Got a really cool new amp for my birthday. Well, it's really a reel to reel, but sounds mighty fine as a guitar amp. I have it plugged into my old 1950 detuned Carlson enclosure. We bad.

Thanks mush!

revere.jpg

p.s. power is a single 6v6

• Members

Hey, I'm glad you like it, almost didn't get the damn thing, becasue of the futz'd up foward/play/record reel, but I'm glad I did as everybody needs a good tube reel-to-reel to serenade their cat with.

When I get all five of my r-t-r's retubed/belted I think I'm going to experiment with creating the most absurd Fripptronics set-up ever.

Charlie Christian on acid anyone?:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Blungo

Got a really cool new amp for my birthday. Well, it's really a reel to reel, but sounds mighty fine as a guitar amp. I have it plugged into my old 1950 detuned Carlson enclosure. We bad.

Thanks mush!

revere.jpg

p.s. power is a single 6v6

Whoa dood that thing is like hella antique, I'll bet that it's one of those old tube powered things, you know before Leo Fender ruined everything by inventing the solid state amp.

If it is tube have you tried putting some EL-34's in it like Metallica?

Imagine getting up on stage with a tape deck and just blowing everyone away with some brewtally deep Vai licks.

Does anyone else think it kinda looks like a robot? A robot or robot boobies.:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Fingermush

Hey, I'm glad you like it, almost didn't get the damn thing, becasue of the futz'd up foward/play/record reel, but I'm glad I did as everybody needs a good tube reel-to-reel to serenade their cat with.

When I get all five of my r-t-r's retubed/belted I think I'm going to experiment with creating the most absurd Fripptronics set-up ever.

Charlie Christian on acid anyone?
:cool:

I don't like it, i love it. Too cool.
CC on acid, yeah baby!:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by SONIC DEATH

Whoa dood that thing is like hella antique, I'll bet that it's one of those old tube powered things, you know before Leo Fender ruined everything by inventing the solid state amp.

If it is tube have you tried putting some EL-34's in it like Metallica?

Imagine getting up on stage with a tape deck and just blowing everyone away with some brewtally deep Vai licks.

Does anyone else think it kinda looks like a robot? A robot or robot boobies.

Duuuhuuude!
You know this thing totallyy RAWKS for two handed tapping. With a metalzone or 5 plugged into it i can totally shred. When i finish putting the floyd rose on my jazzmaster (yeah, i stole your idea:o), i'll try and squeeze some el34s into the Revere. :cool:

• Members

Plug that sucker in to an extension cab and see how it sounds!

I don't have a power cord for mine. What type does it use? Can you take a picture of yours? What is the ohm rating?

BTW, the tubes in mine are:

GE Electronic 6X5 GT

RCA Electron Tube 6AU8

Sylvania 6V6 GT

GE Electronic Tube 6K6 GT

CBS 6??

• Members

Originally posted by Lefty Geek

I don't have a power cord for mine. What type does it use? Can you take a picture of yours? What is the ohm rating?

BTW, the tubes in mine are:

GE Electronic 6X5 GT

RCA Electron Tube 6AU8

Sylvania 6V6 GT

GE Electronic Tube 6K6 GT

CBS 6??

It's those weird old "coffee maker" type power cords that you can find at any thrift shop (i'm sure yours is the same). Just take your deck to a thrift shop and have them find you a cord.

I have no idea what the ohm rating is but it sounds great into an 8 ohm cab.

• Members

Duuuhuuude!

You know this thing totallyy
RAWKS
for two handed tapping. With a metalzone or 5 plugged into it i can totally shred. When i finish putting the floyd rose on my jazzmaster (yeah, i stole your idea:o), i'll try and squeeze some el34s into the Revere.

ahhhh, dooooooood, I totally got two metalzones (both modded to self oscillate by fingermush), but everytime I plug them into my Marshall (w/the Eddie Vai Vaugen mod) my Aunt hits the wall with a broom.

Some people just can't handle the shred!

• Members
Originally posted by SONIC DEATH

ahhhh, dooooooood
, I totally got two metalzones (both modded to self oscillate by fingermush), but everytime I plug them into my Marshall (w/the Eddie Vai Vaugen mod) my Aunt hits the wall with a broom.

Some people just can't handle the shred!

Yea, they suck. I say hit em in the head with a doo doo log.:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Lefty Geek

I have no idea what type of power cord you are talking about. Tried googling "coffee maker type power cords" to no avail. I don't drink coffee so I don't even know how a coffee maker looks like!

Really, just go to a thrift store.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

The first time I ever played an electric guitar was a beat old Harmony Stratotone my uncle gave me, and my dad figured out a was to play it through his solid-state harmon-kardon receiver. Totally clean sound, but man was I excited. I must have been about seven years old, didn't really start playing til I was about 10 though.

Archived