Anybody in northern NJ know where I can rent an amp?

Chriss

• Members

I have to do a gig in NJ, taking my amp on a train is simply not feasible. There will be a Roland JC 120 for me at the gig, but I'd really rather not.

Anyone ever rented an amp in north NJ (the gig is in Parsippany), and if so, from where? Gracias!

• Members

Where are you playing in Parsippany?

You could try Dave's Sound Repair http://www.gti.net/junebug/dave/. I think he might rent. What are you looking for? If I'm free on that day, (when?), I may be able to lend you one.
There is also a place called Victor's House of Music that rents I believe. They are in Ridgewood though, and that is nowhere near where you want to be on a train with Parsippany involved.

• Members
Originally posted by quesoreuso

Where are you playing in Parsippany?

You could try Dave's Sound Repair
http://www.gti.net/junebug/dave/.
I think he might rent. What are you looking for? If I'm free on that day, (when?), I may be able to lend you one.

There is also a place called Victor's House of Music that rents I believe. They are in Ridgewood though, and that is nowhere near where you want to be on a train with Parsippany involved.

We're playing at a private party at the Elks Club in Parsippany. The gig is Saturday, August 20th, we play from 7 pm until artund 10 or 11, I'll have to check for sure. I'm looking for a good tube amp, preferably a Blackface Fender of 40 watts or higher (jeez, aren't we picky?!!), but any nice tube amp, Mesa, Peavy, Crate, whatever, will do, of course. I'd have to throw you some cash for being so generous, good deeds should not go unrewarded. Let me know if you could help, and even if you can't, thanks for offering! :)

Actually, I'm not taking a train, I'm taking a bus to meet my bass player at Willowbrook Mall (I just thought taking the train sounded cooler.) Is Victor's near Willowbrook? Maybe I'll try Sam Ash, but I don't think they do rentals.

• Members

The 20th is my bachelor party.
If you are heading to Willowbrook, Robbie's is right down 46 http://www.robbiesmusiccity.com/. I'm pretty sure we used to rent stuff from them. Everything there is dusty and creepy, but maybe they can help you out. Victor's is not close to Willowbrook unless you can teleport, and if you could, you would be able to bring your amp.
Let me know how it works out.
If Dave's does rent, he should have some choice stuff. There is a '68 Super Reverb in there that is killing me.

• Members

Originally posted by quesoreuso

The 20th is my bachelor party.

If you are heading to Willowbrook, Robbie's is right down 46
I'm pretty sure we used to rent stuff from them. Everything there is dusty and creepy, but maybe they can help you out. Victor's is not close to Willowbrook unless you can teleport, and if you could, you would be able to bring your amp.

Let me know how it works out.

If Dave's does rent, he should have some choice stuff. There is a '68 Super Reverb in there that is killing me.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

I'll call Robbie's and Dave's tomorrow. A Super Reverb would be ideal, it's one of my fave amps of all times. Thanks again queso!

Archived