International Shipping crisis.

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

But now just look at what legal drugs & prostitution has done to your country.

Although I feel this doesn't contribute to this topic at all, legal drugs has done to our country that we are one of the countries in the world with the least drug addicts.

Your terrific fire arms laws has made you the country with the most murders per year, and also the most children dying of accidents with fire arms.

And I'm not even starting to write about the war in Iraq that cost you people more soldiers than Bush could write words in one letter.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Rob Eadgbe

There's not much you can do. I've had a pakage take nearly three months to get to The Hague from Vancouver. Needless to say the buyer was fairly nervous, but he never blamed me. If I ship internationally now I get a quote beforehand, lay out all the options for the buyer, and if he still chooses surface, I tell him my story about a DL-4 that took three months to get from Canada to Holland. As long as the buyer is aware of the potential for delay, they really don't have any right to bitch.

Rob is awesome in my book too. :cool:

For those about to Rob, WE SALUTE YOU! :D

(A bit OT: Rob, since we're on the same page largely in terms of 80's metal, do you happen to know Stryper's "The rock that makes me roll"? Excellent riff, I must say!)

• Members

Uhhmmm do Vermeer and Vincent van Gogh ring a bell? Or maybe tons of other painters? And I'm not even starting about tons of other fields, because you couldn't tell me any major American contributions to our society, apart from fast-food restaurants and oil-driven wars.

In other words: our history starts WAY before 1492..

And yes Rob, you rock, just like Loooper, RMC, Keeley, etc.etc. for shipping intl.

• Members

Noticed neither of you quoted my "recent world-famous contributions" part of my post. Coming up empty yourselves, eh? As for the rest of your whining, it's just that. Jealousy is your #1 motivator in hating America.

Our world-famous contribution (and judging by your close-mindedness, a rather stupid one), is helping (around 1670) create the country, what we now call the U.S.A.

Manhattan was owned by Peter Stuyvesant, and the name "New Amsterdam" wasn't made up for nothing...

(and if you like, we built the world's fastest car on solar energy recently. There's probably a dozen other things (like medical achievements, or architectonic break-throughs), but since the ORIGINAL Dutch aren't as boisterous as certain ex-Dutch people... :rolleyes: , stuff like that doesn't really make me warm or cold. If you're proud to be of the nation, that invented the Space Shuttle, all the more power to you, but to think that such achievements make you a better 'people' than others is plain stupid, let alone the fact that your 'people' are descended from Europeans (mostly criminals and fortune seekers).

The only REAL Americans are being locked in reservates by you and tamed by giving them legalized gambling and such... :rolleyes:

• Members

Jealousy is your #1 motivator in hating America.

not its not, ya {censored}in idiot. its not that they hate america, its that they hate the government. i'm from america and i hate the government.

i believe it was Mark Twain who said something like, "Love the country, always. Love the government, only when they deserve it." And our government certainly doesn't deserve it right now.

• Members

Once again, I said RECENT contributions. If I recall, Van Gogh is dead. And New Amsterdam became New York hundreds of years ago. Not very RECENT to me. And yeah, America sucks because we freed millions of people in Europe and Asia with our victory in WWII, rebuilt Germany & Japan after defeating them, have given billions of dollars in aid to every other country on Earth, and promote freedom throughout the world. What a piss-poor legacy we have.

• Members

Originally posted by SupernovaN2310

not its not, ya {censored}in idiot. its not that they hate america, its that they hate the government. i'm from america and i hate the government.

Why do YOU hate our government? When you get your tax refund check, do you cash it or tear it up in protest? {censored}in' talking points Kool-Aid drinker. Leave and do us all a favor.

• Members
Originally posted by Rob Eadgbe

If I ship internationally now I get a quote beforehand, lay out all the options for the buyer, and if he still chooses surface, I tell him my story about a DL-4 that took three months to get from Canada to Holland.
As long as the buyer is aware of the potential for delay
, they really don't have any right to bitch.

Does that "potential for delay" mean that he may potentially receive the delay pedal?:D :D :D

• Members

and promote freedom throughout the world. What a piss-poor legacy we have.

Yeah, because even now you manage to SKEW that legacy!

Was freedom PROMOTED in Iraq or BLOODY ENFORCED?

And dropping 2 A-bombs on 100.000 innocent Japanese is your idea of 'freedom promotion'?

I shudder at the thought what Ed Roman would have for 'promotional ideas'! :eek::rolleyes:

I played 4 years in a band with a bassplayer from Kansas City, and he said it best:
(freely quoted since I don't remember his exact words)
"Whenever the US had a democratic president, there was pretty much stability and peace. Whenever there was a republican president, there was war (or urge for war, just to show how big our fangs and talons are) and a large division between rich and poor".

I know republicans by now, so someone will probably go google right away to see if there was some minor war during democratic rule...

Fact is, you can't compare Yugoslavia and Somalia (Clinton-era) with the 200 billion dollar+ costing Iraq (Bush), Gulf war (Bush sr.) or the cold war (Reagan).

FlyingV, I suggest you stop talking, until you know know as much objective stuff about the Netherlands as we (Dutch forumites) know about the US.

If not, you'll only continue to show your closemindedness.
By all means, indulge me. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Speeddemon

I played 4 years in a band with a bassplayer from Kansas City, and he said it best:

(freely quoted since I don't remember his exact words)

"Whenever the US had a democratic president, there was pretty much stability and peace. Whenever there was a republican president, there was war (or urge for war, just to show how big our fangs and talons are) and a large division between rich and poor".

B]

I see, your bass player is an authority on world politics.

BTW, Vietnam was started by a Democratic president (Kennedy) and if I'm not mistaken, FDR was a Democrat also, and he got us into WWII. 'Nuf said.

• Members

I see, your bass player is an authority on world politics.

BTW, Vietnam was started by a Democratic president (Kennedy) and if I'm not mistaken, FDR was a Democrat also, and he got us into WWII. 'Nuf said.

I wouldn't really say FDR 'got' you into WWII. Unless he ordered the planes to bomb pearl harbour.

• Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

I wouldn't really say FDR 'got' you into WWII. Unless he ordered the planes to bomb pearl harbour.

No, but he had intelligence reports that Japan was going to attack, and did nothing to stop it. I'd call that "getting us into it".

And my point still stands.

Archived