AD-900 blend pot

basscracker

• Members

theres no blend pot on the AD-900 like there is on the maxon/ibanez AD-80.i want to remove the dry signal completly.anyone no of a mod for this?would swaping out the delay level pot for a different value work?are there trimmers i could adjust to remove the dry signal?

• Members

I don't think the AD900 works like that, Mitch. I'm pretty sure the blend pot is only capable of giving you repeats equal to the volume of the direct guitar, so you can never get 100% wet with it.

I could be wrong, but I think it's to reduce noise. I know that the Ibanez AD80, which can get 100% wet, is often modified to be like the AD900's blend pot, in order to reduce noise.

Mike at www.analogman.com offers a few AD900 mods, he might be able to do this for you, maybe send him an email?

• Members

Originally posted by Teahead

I don't think the AD900 works like that, Mitch. I'm pretty sure the blend pot is only capable of giving you repeats equal to the volume of the direct guitar, so you can never get 100% wet with it.

I could be wrong, but I think it's to reduce noise. I know that the Ibanez AD80, which can get 100% wet, is often modified to be like the AD900's blend pot, in order to reduce noise.

Mike at
www.analogman.com
offers a few AD900 mods, he might be able to do this for you, maybe send him an email?

My AD-900 doesn't have a blend pot. :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by The Gainster

My AD-900 doesn't have a blend pot.
:confused:

Sorry, I'm going on my AD80's labels!

What's it called, level, mix? Something else? I'm guessing here!

Does turning the delay level all the way up give 100% wet signal?

• Members

Sorry, I'm going on my AD80's labels!

What's it called, level, mix? Something else? I'm guessing here!

Does turning the delay level all the way up give 100% wet signal?

AD-900 D-time repeat D-level AD9's same layout

AD-80 D-time blend repeat

AD-900 turning the delay level up all the way gives louder delay & repeats but still most of the dry signal.

AD-80 turning the blend pot up all the way you get no dry singnal only delay and repeats.

• Members

Originally posted by basscracker

AD-900 D-time repeat D-level AD9's same layout

AD-80 D-time blend repeat

AD-900 turning the delay level up all the way gives louder delay & repeats but still the most of the dry signal.

AD-80 turning the blend pot up all the way you get no dry singnal only delay and repeats.

In that case I say contact Analogman...

It could well be a simple enough mod, since I'm currently having my Ibanez AD80 tweaked to remove the 100% wet option and make the blend control into a delay level control, like the 900, it should work in reverse?

As I mentioned above, it reduces noise and I don't use anything over 50% blend, so it gives me greater control.

• Members

I know that the Ibanez AD80, which can get 100% wet, is often modified to be like the AD900's blend pot, in order to reduce noise.

Mike at
www.analogman.com
offers a few AD900 mods, he might be able to do this for you, maybe send him an email?

really people do that to AD-80's thats what i thought was great about them:(

i want mike to get busy on my KOT,so no mods from him.i might try ronsound.

• Members

Originally posted by basscracker

really people do that to AD-80's thats what i thought was great about them:(

Here's the mods usually performed on the Ibanez AD80 and some of the reasons behind them...

change one OP amp IC for much reduced noise

install mechanical bypass ( truebypass)

wire the mix control so that it works as echo volume instead( this is useful if

lowest noise operation is desired and if echo only option is not needed).

• Members

Nah, my AD80 has kept me satisfied and I've just never felt the need to try the AD9. I'm really looking forward to hearing the pedal after tweaking, I'll post something when it comes home.

I always thought it produced the most beautiful tones, but mine started to become unreliable so it was time for a tune up anyway, I thought I might as well get the mods at the same time.

Archived