Today, my fantom ate a waldorf Q for lunch, then shit on andy, while taunting PEK

• Members

Originally posted by keyman-sam

The demos of PEK and Waldorf Q werent THAT impressive either.
:p

The Andy though, is another story.
:D

agreed.

:thu:

i've got the A6 and Q and have a pretty good grasp on what they can do. don't have a version of the evolver yet, but have played around with them some, and it's very easy to get stuff that's 'out there' with what you're given to work with.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to admit though, i've not played the Q, PEK or Andy myself. My opinion on them is based on the videos i see, and the mp3s posted on the net.

And amongst them all, the andy seemed the most impressive. If it only sold for 999, i'd buy it. :D

• Members

Originally posted by jigg

HE'S A ROLAND REP WHO'S TROLLING!!!!1111!!!ONE!!!

I think you just sold me on a Fantom for my next big purchase.

And you made my ears bleed.

:D :D :D

For all the talking i do about the Fantom S, i think roland should pay me. :cry: But i dislike the company because it friggin promised something, and didnt keep up to its promises. Atleast, if they had SD card or Flash card reader instead of that stupid smart media card, i wouldnt have to come up with magic tricks to load more than 128 mb of samples at a time.

P.S. If you're looking for a fantom, buy a USED fantom S, instead of buying a brannew fantom X. jmio. Unless you want that 8-audio track ofcourse.

• Members

Originally posted by mildbill

it wasn't a demo of fantom randomness?

glitches?

turn it on, screw it up, walk away and let it do its thing?

My fantom S crashed, and itmade these noises.

But 90% of these noises could be re-made in the Fantom S. Without crashing, ofcourse. Its all in the sample mangling methinks. :)

• Members

I dunno about that. A lot of those sounds seemed unrelated to recorded material. I'd venture to say that chips freaking out can't be duplicated via mere sample mangling. My V-Synth can't do that, and it's BORN to mangle.

Archived