america sucks.

Elliott Damage

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

The two parties are controlled by PAC's and Lobbies. We must outlaw them and let the Senate/House to vote according to their constituents needs.

If you take them out of the picture, we will have to guard against under-the-table payola.

I wish I knew how deep and how pervasive the graft extends in our government.
:mad:

we'll never know how deep it goes. i am saddened.

america used to be the good guys. or is that only what we thought? :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is a terrible time but, being trite is of little use. Get off your ass and or billfold and do something. Be proactive and quit bitching. There are plenty of bitchers. Be a worker, make a difference. Put up or shut up. When elections come vote, it is our only hope against the status quo.

The draft into the military is looming big.
:(

i will never fight for this government. i'd rather go to jail.

i want to start a political party. how do i do it???

• Members

Originally posted by ArrMatey

I love american friends, I hate their government who gives them a bad name!

good point.

we need an international community. people shouldn't hate americans they should hate our monolithic government that is keeping us in fear and strangling us in the name of a moral america that never existed.

i love to learn about different cultures and people. not shoot them.

the people of america are america, not our government.

• Members

AKA...

revolt.

jefferson (you know.. the guy who WROTE the independence thing that was passed 1976 july 4th on hemp paper thing) said that we should over throw our govt every 10 years.. lincoln agreed less than 100 years later.

THIS IS BULL{censored}

we must do something. anyone with me?

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

good point.

we need an international community. people shouldn't hate americans they should hate our monolithic government that is keeping us in fear and strangling us in the name of a moral america that never existed.

• Members

You can't revolt yet. The number of the apathetic vs loyal out weigh you. :(

How many of you actually write/email your Senator/Congressman?

If you want change, tell them. I would hazard a guess that the ones in power in Washington do not surf this website.

I am unhappy as well but, complaining to me only makes both of us more unhappy.

America is still a great country, I feel that there must be a fundamental change in which we do business as a nation. Damnit I wish I knew the answers.

Why do I feel isolated from my government. It seems like it is some power out there that we have no real control over.

It sucks to have a huge thirst for change and little power to implement it.

• Members

It is a terrible time but, being trite is of little use. Get off your ass and or billfold and do something. Be proactive and quit bitching. There are plenty of bitchers. Be a worker, make a difference. Put up or shut up.

Okay, I'll get right on that, I'll work on the tons of food, the millions of gallons of water, the helicopters needed to fly it in, the hundreds of buses needed to ship people out ...

I've donated money to the red cross, what else should I do? (keep in mind I live in Canada). It's one thing to offer support to an existencing system that is working at full capacity, it is another to try and replace a massive infrastructure that has failed, a system that tax money is supposed to pay for. You can't keep letting these guys off the hook, or else they'll keep screwing you over time after time.

• Members

we'll never know how deep it goes. i am saddened.

america used to be the good guys. or is that only what we thought?

Good Lord quit your bitching. Just leave already then if it sucks here so bad. No one is keeping you here and you obviously hate it so try somewhere else! You're talking real big so act on it. Go somewhere else and report back that you like it a lot more than here.

THAT at least would earn my respect. Whining like a bitch on here is just a waste of ozone.

• Members

good point.

The people of America voted for the government too.

I don't think changing governments will change international sentiments towards the US. This chic Anti Americanism isn't a new thing.

• Members

Thanks for the donation to the Red Cross. You are most generous and it is appreciated. :D

Unfortunately you cannot directly change our government. I wish the fine people of Canada had more say. The economic health of both of our countries are closely tied.

I don't know what else to tell you other than thank you.

p.s. I didn't know Guelph was in Canada. I would not have asked you to get proactive if I had known.

• Members

Originally posted by syciprider

The people of America voted for the government too.

I don't think changing governments will change international sentiments towards the US. This chic Anti Americanism isn't a new thing.

And what Chic Country might you be from?

• Members

Originally posted by Bruce Bennett

I just hope next election folks make a REAL stand and vote for the third horse. instead of feeling like they have no choice except between the two.

America has outlived the two party system.

time to make that third party into a real threat. even if it doesn't win. at least it will put a very serious scare into the other two parties that have lost touch with reality, and the peoples will.

Not this time, next time. Get the Republicans out, God knows they've earned some benchtime. Then get serious with the third/fourth/fifth parties. First things first. The malfeasance and incompetence of the last 5 years cannot stand.

• Members

Why is it that people who say "America sucks" the loudest are usually the ones sitting on their asses doing nothing? Get your friggin ass out to NO and pitch in. Move to another country if you are so inclined (and I'm not saying get out), just don't sit here on the internet acting all serious about changing the U.S. by sitting in front of your computer with a bag of Doritos in your lap. Major change takes place through actions. Talk is cheap.

• Members

Originally posted by meriphew

Why is it that people who say "America sucks" the loudest are usually the ones sitting on their asses doing nothing? Get your friggin ass out to NO and pitch in. Move to another country if you are so inclined (and I'm not saying get out), just don't sit here on the internet acting all serious about changing the U.S. by sitting in front of your computer with a bag of Doritos in your lap. Major change takes place through actions. Talk is cheap.

mmmmmm..

doritos

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

mmmmmm..

doritos

Yeah, a bag of Doritos does sound good right now.... but I don't have any. Maybe if I just continue to sit here at my computer, complaining that I don't have any, a bag will eventually magically appear and the problem will solve itself. I'm sure that is what will happen if only I keep talking about it.

• Members

Originally posted by corso

Dude, when did you get so cranky? You were the chilled out electro-instrumental dude with an AC30. When did you become Senator McCarthy?

I am still pretty mellow, but I get worked up when people start using tragedies to jockey for political gain (I'm not pointing any fingers, but if you look around you'll see them). I've been seeing too many threads where people almost seem happy that Katrina caused so much damage, just so they can say "See, I told you so".

• Members

our greed has come back to bite us.

equality and compassion don't matter in this country. as long as the rich white coporate pigs are stroking cock of the politicians who have stakes in oil and war i'll be ashamed to be american.

we can't take care of our own people. rich corporate pieces of {censored} run this country in the name of God. i'm starting to think God abandoned us a while ago.

You nailed it! For every action there is a reaction. The current state of things is a direct result of the out of control greed in this country. (IMO)

So how do we fix it? I wish I knew.

BTW - what do you mean buy God abandoned us a while ago? Do you beleive in God? Just curious.

• Members

Originally posted by bp 1

You nailed it! For every action there is a reaction. The current state of things is a direct result of the out of control greed in this country. (IMO)

So how do we fix it? I wish I knew.

BTW - what do you mean buy God abandoned us a while ago? Do you beleive in God? Just curious.

i do believe in God. i hardly think Bush is doing his work like he seems to think he is.

• Members

America is a truly great place with wonderful people, and has given the world many many things.

It's all a question of perception. Many people perceive the US as arrogant and ignorant. It both is, and isn't. My country is no different.

What I think most people outside of the US see sometimes, is the push for democracy and rule of law upon other nations by the US, and then the failure to keep the rule of law themselves. I know I do.

Also, there needs to be reform of the political system in both of our nations. I'm a firm believer in moderate coalition government. The two party system becomes partizan, and entranched in murk.

• Members

This is a country founded on great ideals.

And when the country lives up to them, the country itself is both great and good.

When it doesn't, such as the time between the founding and the Civil War when the contradiction between the principles of equality and existence of slavery largely defined the nation, the country is less than great or good.

It's this type of contradiction between ideals and policy, rhetoric and action, that drives American critics -- both those at home and abroad -- nuts.

When the ideals and the actions merge, it is a beautifully powerful thing. When they don't jibe, we are seen as cynical -- not really believing our rhetoric -- and hypocritical.

• Members

Originally posted by bp 1

You nailed it! For every action there is a reaction. The current state of things is a direct result of:

lawn darts

Ford Pintos

Jerry Springer

Enron and the like

Brady Bunch reunion movies

the PMRC

the NRA

the FCC

super-sizing

thalidomide in the 70's

WMD

Archived