NYC Forumites

Barrey78

• Members

Hello Everyone,

My band, Emma La Reina, will be playing a show this Friday at our loft space in DUMBO. We like to throw these no bull{censored} parties every once in a while to get our friends to see us play with out having to pay ten dollars for a cover and 6 dollars for a beer. NYC promoters have become ridiculous, and why play for free just so someone can take our friends money? Anyways, sorry about the rant. I garantee a good time.

There will be 3 other great bands.

El Jezel-www.eljezel.com

Argentine-www.argentinetheband.com/arg

Emma la Reina-www.emmalareina.com

the ios-www.the-ios.com

Things will start about 9:30

It is the first stop off the F train into Manhattan

Here are the directions:

10 Jay Street 2nd Floor

BYOB. Remember Dumbo has limited bodega action so stock up before you board the train. Take the F Train to York St. Stop. Walk west on Jay St. all the way towards the East River and Manhattan. It's the gray building on the water, on the left across from a utility structure.

Hope to see some of you there.

• Members

barrey78, I will be there.

Still a little sore from last night's show at Rare. Had some equipment trouble. The cable from my pedalboard to the hughes & Kettner failed. Good thing I was wired up in stereo with the laney lc30 - I did a loop with my lofi loop junky, and went backstage to get a backup cable DURING the song. The whole time my drummer and bassist kept playing - I came back and continued the rest of the song in full stereo!
:D

Also, I fell on my ass.

Literally.

Got tangled up on the cords during one of those freakout moments. Pure comedy.

Sigh.
It was bound to happen sooner or later. At least I didn't miss a beat - continued to play while sprawled up on the stage floor. My butt hurts.

- tragicmagic

• Members
Originally posted by tragicmagic

barrey78, I will be there.

Still a little sore from last night's show at Rare. Had some equipment trouble. The cable from my pedalboard to the hughes & Kettner failed. Good thing I was wired up in stereo with the laney lc30 - I did a loop with my lofi loop junky, and went backstage to get a backup cable DURING the song. The whole time my drummer and bassist kept playing - I came back and continued the rest of the song in full stereo!

:D

Also, I fell on my ass.

Literally.

Got tangled up on the cords during one of those freakout moments. Pure comedy.

Sigh.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. At least I didn't miss a beat - continued to play while sprawled up on the stage floor. My butt hurts.

- tragicmagic

aww man!!! and i wasn't there to see it! that sucks!!!!!!!

its not the first time your ass has hurt the morning after though. at least you're used to it. :p

totally cool about the loop junky. send that to zach as a testimonial.

• Members
Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

which stage?

tap bar!

I knew that you were going to fall sooner or later, there have been some close calls that I have seen at your last few shows.

:mad:

Actually it wasn't that bad . People thought I did that on purpose, cause I didn't stop playing even when I was on the way down (TIMBER!!) and even afterwards. Fell forward and almost smashed the guitar (and probably {censored} up my wrists), but twisted my body around at the last second and my tailbone and back took the brunt of it. The audience had a blast for sure.

- tragicmagic

• Members

Originally posted by tragicmagic

Also, I fell on my ass. Literally. Got tangled up on the cords during one of those freakout moments. Pure comedy.

aww man!!! and i wasn't there to see it! that sucks!!!!!!!

You didn't have to have been there. Someone caught it on videotape with Cris's camera and preserved him falling on his posterior for all posterity. Cris has no excuse not to post it! In the meantime, here's a re-enactment of the fall using stick figures:

o

`~` /

o

`~`/_~~~~~

o%/_

Archived