Emu VK downloading problem

• Members

Hi Guys,
I have a Vintage Keys module and have have managed to wipe out a lot of nice user presets. ("lets see, what does this re-initialise function do? D'oh!"). Fortunately I have found 2 sets of presets on the emu website. So I bought a USB MIDI interface and tried to download them using Midi-ox software. When i send the sysex the module recognises it and responds by stating it is receiving data and running through 255 presets by number. But they are not being actually loaded.

Anyone have any ideas?
(please understand that I am - very - much a newbie when it comes to this sort of stuff - your advice is unlikely to be too basic)

John

• Members

"midi sysex packet delay" in the master menu. Sounds more like a send/receive midi channel or device ID problem to me though. Check they're matched and on. Check "midi enable" for each channel and "midi sysex device ID" in the master menu and make sure they are matched to midi ox. You may find one has the midi sysex ID set to 0 and the other set to 1 (having done that myself and scratched around for half a day wondering what the hell was wrong with midi ox and my computer.).

Archived