How Low is the V-Synth Gonna Go?

Awake77

• Members

Originally posted by orangefunk

It's amazing y'know... I have read countless times from people that the strings and sax sounds in the Z1 are terrible but to me they are incredible.

Yeah, is it the best sax you've ever had? :D

• Members

Originally posted by XorAxAx

Yeah, is it the best sax you've ever had?
:D

Haha.. close.. it sounds like an oboe or english horn at times.. .in my opinion thats even better!

I have a VL7 with breath controller... saxes don't get any better in keyboards...

Check my track Travels

btw thats a Z1 doing the pad...

• Members

Originally posted by synthesized

oh gawd... I guess I bought it for a different reason
:o

Don't worry too much... :D We're all different here... some people here probably don't even like Moogs.. :freak: :freak: :eek:

To me its all in the way you use things... technique, expression and the kinds of lines you play..

• Members

The rumor is something big to do with the vsynth is comming at winter NAMM (from a source inside Roland in the know). Don't know if it's a new card or a new vsynth itself.

VC-2 has already been discontinued so my guess is it might be a new vsynth.

I guess anything is possible. Maybe they will release a new V- Synth, but it seems that the one they already have out, although it's an awesome synth, I don't think has been a great seller. I question whether they would put a lot of development and promotional resources into a new one. Unless it's got some really incredible new developments that they think will wow the market and increase sales, it doesn't seem likely. But who knows, trying to second guess Roland is often a fruitless endeavor.

• Members

Originally posted by orangefunk

I found it underpowered... the polyphony was supposed to be 24 voices but in actual use, the patches I used were more like 4 or 5 notes.

The sample editing functions weren't too great either. No crossfade. Also you could spend ages getting a loop correct without clicks.. then put it into a patch and the clicks were back. ROland gave a tip for getting around this.. but I never got that working most of the time.

Memory was only something like 20MB for sample data. But there was some weird memory management scheme I never fully understood.

Finally, there was no supprt for importing WAVs with their loop points intact. VSYnth seemed to just ignore them...

If they fixed all the above then it would trully be killer....

Interesting, that's kind of the reason I held up. Along with owning a VP9000, which is a freakin steal now, I have no desire to try to stretch my head around the V since I already have the features I want on the VP. The V really gets digital sounding, quite bleepy. And when I played it, I didn't really dig the over-top-digitalness from it. It's definitely freakin awesome, and if I didn't have other synths I need to keep working with, I might have one. It also has a very distinct sound to me and I don't know, I think I'm just disciplining myself to stay focused on my other synths and material.

• Members

I see a lot of VariOSeses selling for $6-800 on ebay. That's not exactly giving them away. I've only seen a couple go for less than 6.

I seen them go for under $300 on ebay lately which is about the right amount.

I got mine, but I haven't really used it.

Same. My v-synth does everything it does and does them better. Only advantage of the varios is as a card player and for v-producer as a dumb down daw when you want to limit your options.

• Members

Originally posted by chuckgp

My V-Synth was $960 last Octoboer off Ebay.

I just got the VC-2, awesome card IMHO.

Chuck

Urgg... :( I'll have send my V-Synth straight to eBay then and try to get a $1200 BIN w/free shipping out of it.

Archived