Does the DD-6 sound as good as the DD-20?

Blungo

• Members

I love my DD-20, it completely kicks the ass of any other delay i've ever played, unfortunately it's way too big to fit on my new almost finished compact board.

I just scored a nice little Ibanez CD-10 and while it is a nice warm analog delay, i suspect it won't stay on the board for long.

Does the DD-6 have the sound quality of the DD-20 just without all the features (i hope).

• Members

Originally posted by Blungo

I've heard people say that about the DD-20 as well, but i've owned two and they're both dead silent.

i wonder how peervasive that is with the DD-6.

I guess i should check some reviews.

the dd20 does that when you have the tone knob close to max.

and thats what a dd6 sounds like.

• Members

Originally posted by Fourth Floor

put on the standard mode of the dd20 and max the tone knob and that's the dd6 sound.

Hmmm, i like the standard mode, but i dunno about the maxed tone knob thing, maybe i need one with the high cut mod?

• Members

it sounds great man...the dd-6 is a nice pedal but i just didnt like its atitude....when you plug any combination of input.output other than standart in.out it starts acting strange, maybe its me ... dont know..it just feels less reliable...i like the dd-5 better...

yet there is something kick ass about the dd-6....THE REVERSE....ITS SUCH A NICE REVERSE...THE DD-20 HAS NOTHING ON REVERSE AGAINST THE DD-6....

just my .000000000009 cents

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Echotraveler

it sounds great man...the dd-6 is a nice pedal but i just didnt like its atitude....when you plug any combination of input.output other than standart in.out it starts acting strange, maybe its me ... dont know..it just feels less reliable...i like the dd-5 better...

yet there is something kick ass about the dd-6....THE REVERSE....ITS SUCH A NICE REVERSE...THE DD-20 HAS NOTHING ON REVERSE AGAINST THE DD-6....

just my .000000000009 cents

:cool:

:cool: Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by TrashFace

dd5 is sick by mine

i will let it go for cheap or a ok trade.

Thanks but i'm not in the market yet, i'm going to give the CD-10 a thorough workout before i decide if it stays or goes.

Played through it for a while last night and it sounded ok.

Archived