OS Fuzzy MUTANTES

GuyaGuy

• Members

I can't seem to find the thread ... but I recall that doug deeper (of Mid-Fi Electronics fame) built a limited-edition fuzz that was supposed to be similar ... I believe that it was called the "Hard Square Limiter" or something of the like ... :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

I can't seem to find the thread ... but I recall that doug deeper (of Mid-Fi Electronics fame) built a limited-edition fuzz that was supposed to be similar ... I believe that it was called the "Hard Square Limiter" or something of the like ...
:confused:

yeah, i remember someone posting sumthin about a remake but it wasn't clear what the original was. i'm specifically interested in the Bat Macumba/A Minha Menina tone. could just be a maestros style unit--but i know they had some wacky handmade jobbies too.

• Members

yeah i can build um!
i got a schematic from munky over at diystompboxes.com
its pretty close to the sound on the first record but a lot closer to those on the second and third...
it was part of a home made guitar synth sergio used...
but this is the fuzz used...im pretty sure it went straight into the board on the first album.

• Members

Originally posted by doug deeper

yeah i can build um!

i got a schematic from munky over at diystompboxes.com

its pretty close to the sound on the first record but a lot closer to those on the second and third...

it was part of a home made guitar synth sergio used...

but this is the fuzz used...im pretty sure it went straight into the board on the first album.

guitar synth?

was it like one of those ring mods that do fuzzy sounds?

• Members

no ring mod...

i should have said "guitar synth"

it was this fuzz...an octave up (rarly used it seems)

a phaser type circuit, some sort of filtering.

(ave lucifer! i need that sound!)

all in one large box...

so basically an analog mulit-effector?

• Members

yeah...he called it a guitar synth...and the units were really strange and over the top...

check out some of sergio diazs late 70's prog stuff...it sucks...but you can hear him making some insane sounds with the same "guitar synth".

thanks.

know of any websites w/ info on their gear?

btw, i like the story about kurt cobain trying to organize a reunion tour. arnaldo refused because sergio wanted to play fenders and not gibsons!
:D

• Members

Originally posted by light years

is there any other fuzz's that get the "minaha menina" fuzz? that too me
IS
fuzz.
I WANT IT!!!

me too!

i think 60's maestro-style units are yr best bet as far as readily available pedals. i get close with my DOD classic fuzz with the treble CRANKED and a dano daddy-o after it for extra crackle.

still, not the same...

• 6 months later...

Archived