Finding a od for bluesy like tone, can you help?

Legendofamind7

• Members

Yeah I'm on a hunt for a good overdrive pedal to give me nice blues tones. I'm not looking for it to be a distortion, I have a muff for that, just that nice overdriven tube sound. I was considering a blues driver, any comments? My board is boss tuner, mxr dyna comp, big muff, phase 90, dmm. I'd like to add a wah, eq, and the od pedal. I'm not looking to spend more than $100-150. Is there a skreddy pedal that would fit the bill? He seems to have his {censored} together and I'd like to get one of his pedals. Thanks for the help guys, you always r helpful. Enjoy the rest of saturday night, I'm goin to go jam at a party...peace:cool:

joe

• Members

Blues tone..

MXR micro amp about $70 new..

Use it to push your amp into natural OD use the volume at the guitar to clean up the drive..

WHat levels are you playing at?
If your playing for goldfish, your gonna need a unit that breaks up on its own

(TS10 sleeper best sounding of all tube screamers) IMO..

If you can crank the amp and your gigin.. a clean boost is all you need.. Let the amp do its thing..

• Members

I'm going to be getting an amp for its cleans, probably a fender. I've played through a bunch of em at the local guitar shop and I love the hot rod deluxe. I don't know what it is but my guitar sounds like gold with that one. So I won't be looking to amplify my amps overdrive, that amps od is sksss sksss...would do the job but I'm looking for somethin more responsive.

Sunday Football Bump

• Members

keeley bd-2 phat mod, very transparent, no mid hump, goes from clean boost to near fuzz. with the drive set to just barely break up you have instant tube fakerey for tasty vintage ss amps or a second channel for higher headroom tube amps, or use it as a clean boost with optional variable grit to drive an preamp over the edge. when set for mild breakup, back off the guitar vol and the dirt is gone...responds incredibly to picking dynamics. you can also slam its input withother drive pedals for warmed up heavy work. i wouldn't want to ever stop using my Rat at its maxed out settings. i have played the bd-2 phat through most ever amp/guitar config(i am blessed with access to just about anything, from vintage US fenders, to gibsons, silvertones, japanese "lawsuit models" amps from vintage 72 sunn studio lead to soldano slo-100, mesa blue angel, teisco checkmate 12...pedals that work well with it: Fuzz Head, Keeley java, Ross dist, tan, Ge modded ds-1, tone bender...)
not the most5 esoteric choice but the best meat and potatoes OD out there.

• Members

I see your amp is a HR Deluxe. I have the Deville 410 and find that the drive channel, with the drive down low, gives it a nice crunch without sacrificing the sparkle of the HR. I've tried Tube screamers and I found that they robbed the amp of it's clean sparkle. That Sparkle Drive interests me, but I haven't tried one yet.

-Jay

Archived