Ruetz Rat Variations / CE-2 Mod Ideas.

emilyandmiles

• Members

I recently modded my V Rat after reading about this solderless Rat mod.

I now have two toggle switches on the right side of my Rat. Both on together they cut out the distortion from the signal, but I can now get three different sounds from my old Rat:

Stock Rat, Lacking some bass freq Rat, and a crunchy fuzz Rat.

I would like to point out that i have no real knowledge or previous exp with this type of thing (apart from tbing my V847 wah) but feel doing this has given me at least an understanding of how switches work.

After a failed atempt at installing my Wah circuit into my Rat, i was wondering if anyone has made interesting use of all that space in the V Rat pedal.

Also, by connecting two points of the board in my CE-2, I can change the Chorus to sound a lot more flangey.

But doing this makes the on/off footswitch redundant (in other words the effect is always on). Any ideas how to get past this?

• Members

Originally posted by emilyandmiles

I recently modded my V Rat after reading about this solderless Rat mod.

I now have two toggle switches on the right side of my Rat. Both on together they cut out the distortion from the signal, but I can now get three different sounds from my old Rat:

Stock Rat, Lacking some bass freq Rat, and a crunchy fuzz Rat.

rat.gif

so you put switches after the two resistor/capacitor pairs?

putting another pot, or trim pot in instead of the resistor might be interesting..

http://www.diyguitaramp.com/rat.html

• Members

To be honest, I'm not really sure.

I went by the images on the site of the cut resistor, and tried the one next to it.

All I've done is two switches to switch from cut, or not. As I did not want the change to be permanent.

A pot to vary the resistance is a wicked idea, I'm going to try that tonight in place of a switch.

• Members

To be honest, I'm not really sure.

I went by the images on the site of the cut resistor, and tried the one next to it.

All I've done is two switches to switch from cut, or not. As I did not want the change to be permanent.

A pot to vary the resistance is a wicked idea, I'm going to try that tonight in place of a switch.

sweet, update us (me) on the results

• Members

Also, by connecting two points of the board in my CE-2, I can change the Chorus to sound a lot more flangey.

But doing this makes the on/off footswitch redundant (in other words the effect is always on). Any ideas how to get past this?

You could use a TB loop box.

BTW...what is custom about your Guv'nor for sale?

• Members

BTW...what is custom about your Guv'nor for sale?

Only cosmetic I'm afraid.

Replaced coloured knobs for slim black Behringer ones and stripped it to black.

Trying to make better use of the FX loop jack (exp pedal in for dist) and true bypassing it (although the latter is proving difficult as the stompswitch is on the circuitboard!)

sounds like fun.

do tell how

Easy mod. I'll be posting pics and sound samples of the Rat and CE-2 mods in the next couple of days. Watch this space.

Nobody installed anything in a V Rat housing?

Archived