Rig Grounding Issue?! Help!

ck3

• Members

I have begun to notice that there is more humming than usual when I use the high gain dirtboxes in my rig. This humming can be disrupted when I mute my strings or touch anything made of metal on my guitar and pedalboard. I'm not getting shocked (yet), but this still concerns me. Evidently, something in my setup (see sig) isn't grounded very well. :eek:

I have already replaced the two Radio Shack cables that were connected to my GT-8's input with some made by Fender, and the noise has decreased a bit. I tried unplugging different pedals from my Godlyke Power-All and even plugged all of my dirtboxes into the front of my rig (vs. into the GT-8's loop) to find the culprit... to no avail. One of my guitars isn't quite as prone to generate this noise as the other, but I can still create audible popping noises by tapping on the switches of the aforesaid dirboxes when they are engaged and their gain is set at higher levels.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned? :confused:

• Members

Believe it or not, the problem isn't related to my amps (they are the only metal-surfaced objects in my rig that don't create a popping sound when I touch them) ... :eek: ... which leads me to believe that the culprit is somewhere on my pedalboard. :mad:

Archived