Boss GT-8 trashing Pod Xt Live?

Furanku for nick

• Members

I recently went to several guitar stores to buy a footswitch board and clerks are really confusing me about the Pod Xt Live, or Boss GT-8... Some clerks think Line 6 is the best, others think Boss rocks. Here's the info I collected and correct me if I'm wrong :o

Play Live: Boss

Play Headphones: Line 6

Studio Work: Line 6

Heavy music: Line 6

Classic rock: Tonelab

Anything else: Boss

Easy of use: Line 6

Versatility: Boss

quality of effects: ?????

Reliability: ??????

Can somebody wrap it up? I'm too confused and doubtful.

:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by Furanku for nick

I recently went to several guitar stores to buy a footswitch board and clerks are really confusing me about the Pod Xt Live, or Boss GT-8... Some clerks think Line 6 is the best, others think Boss rocks. Here's the info I collected and correct me if I'm wrong
:o

Play Live: Boss

Play Headphones: Line 6

Studio Work: Line 6

Heavy music: Line 6

Classic rock: Tonelab

Anything else: Boss

Easy of use: Line 6

Versatility: Boss

quality of effects: ?????

Reliability: ??????

Can somebody wrap it up? I'm too confused and doubtful.

:confused:

Quality of effects: definitely Boss
Reliability: come on, it's a Boss!
I love my GT-8. It's not really all that difficult to use once you get the hang of it, it's awesomely versatile, and the effects are amazing! Amp models sound good enough to me. Also, the Boss sounds good through headphones, when recording direct to computer, or when playing through my Tech 21 Power Engine 60. But seriously, try them before you buy, if possible. Your ears might tell you something different. Also, search the forum; there were one or two other threads like yours just in the past couple days, with some good info and opinions in them.

Archived