Behringer power supply replacement?

jcn37203

• Members

I {censored}ing broke the power supply plug to my mixer this weekend, stupidly yanking on a wire that was wrapped around the power cord to the mixer. The little plastic piece inside of the plug that helps you line the pins up right broke off. I can still plug it in and use it, but the pins bend around and {censored} and the plug is really loose. Obviously not going to last.

Anybody know anything about getting a replacement? I checked the website, and all they do is give you a bunch of overseas phone numbers to call.

I could just epoxy the plug in place if it gets down to that. I couldn't unplug it from the mixer anymore, but it beats buying a whole new mixer just to replace the PS.

Lesson learned: never yank wires.

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

Somewhere at home I've got a leaflet of service numbers that came with my stomp boxes, I'll see if I can dig it out....

What sort of supply is it? it doesn't sound like a normal barrel connecter.

No, it's one of those with the transformer brick in the middle of the wire. The actual connector is about a quarter inch around with three pins and a little plastic... thingy. Looks sort of like a tiny MIDI plug, if that makes sense.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

No, it's one of those with the transformer brick in the middle of the wire. The actual connector is about a quarter inch around with three pins and a little plastic... thingy. Looks sort of like a tiny MIDI plug, if that makes sense.

ah, i know, like the one on the V-AMPs.

So it's a new power lead you need?

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

ah, i know, like the one on the V-AMPs.

So it's a new power lead you need?

Yeah, similar to a V-Amp, but different. I have a V-Amp also.

And yeah, a new whatever its called that is connected to that.

Originally posted by Arjae

Buy a new one of their smallest board. What is it? Like $29? You get the power supply for $29 and a new board for free!
;)

Thats a good point. You think it's the same thing? I'm sure I'd have to pay close to $20 for a new one anyway. Hell the little 9V transformer for a NanoVerb is $15.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Yeah, similar to a V-Amp, but different. I have a V-Amp also.

And yeah, a new whatever its called that is connected to that.

Thats a good point. You think it's the same thing? I'm sure I'd have to pay close to $20 for a new one anyway. Hell the little 9V transformer for a NanoVerb is $15.

I would bet it is the same. I had an older MX602A that had the exact same power supply as the newest, smallest one which I bought just to have a headphone out between my computer and monitors.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Buy a new one of their smallest board. What is it? Like $29? You get the power supply for $29 and a new board for free!
;)

I've got the exact same problem. Behringer board with no power supply. Fucking proprietary bullshit!!! Don't try to buy just the power supply...it's not gonna happen. I've had one on back order for almost a year AND it cost $35.

The best thing to do is just buy the cheap 2 channel board just for the power supply. It cost 34.99 at guitar center.

• Members

Originally posted by bigtonemusic

I've got the exact same problem. Behringer board with no power supply. Fucking proprietary bullshit!!! Don't try to buy just the power supply...it's not gonna happen. I've had one on back order for almost a year AND it cost $35.

The best thing to do is just buy the cheap 2 channel board just for the power supply. It cost 34.99 at guitar center.

Wow! I am glad someone else agreed with my suggestion! ;)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/631239/

It is a damn good little board too!

• 5 years later...
  • Members

This is an old thread, all the same i thought i'd respond with my answer to replacing the Behringer power supply on their smaller boards.

In this case i managed to replace the MXUK3 on my recently purchased UB1002, with a AC/AC 18v 1amp adapter i picked on ebay. There should be no problems finding these at reasonable rates. The important thing to remember is that the replacement must be a AC to AC adapter.

Be warned most power adapters are AC to DC!!

I reused the plug and lead from the blown MXUK3 adapter. This has 3 wires, a red, a blue and a yellow. For this to work i Combine the yellow and the red wire to form a single input, and then had the blue wire as the other input to the replacement adapter.

This works a treat, even though the actual voltage specified by Behringer is 18.5v AC.

The difference of half a volt seem to make no difference as much of the rectifying of the voltage takes place on board the mixer. Note the board will power up if just the blue and red wires are used, but does need the yellow wired to be connected in order affect Behringer's noise canceling.

I hope this helps the rest of you...

{ MXEU3 MXEU4 MXEU5 MXUK3 MXUK4 MXUK5 1002 802 502 }

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This is an old thread, all the same i thought i'd respond with my answer to replacing the Behringer power supply on their smaller boards.

In this case i managed to replace the MXUK3 on my recently purchased UB1002, with a AC/AC 18v 1amp adapter i picked on ebay. There should be no problems finding these at reasonable rates. The important thing to remember is that the replacement must be a AC to AC adapter.

Be warned most power adapters are AC to DC!!

I reused the plug and lead from the blown MXUK3 adapter. This has 3 wires, a red, a blue and a yellow. For this to work i Combine the yellow and the red wire to form a single input, and then had the blue wire as the other input to the replacement adapter.

This works a treat, even though the actual voltage specified by Behringer is 18.5v AC.

The difference of half a volt seem to make no difference as much of the rectifying of the voltage takes place on board the mixer. Note the board will power up if just the blue and red wires are used, but does need the yellow wired to be connected in order affect Behringer's noise canceling.

I hope this helps the rest of you...

{ MXEU3 MXEU4 MXEU5 MXUK3 MXUK4 MXUK5 1002 802 502 }

Cheers for the info... I have a broken MXEU1 and think I'll do the same.

Archived