Would I be a douchebag for pulling out of this gig?

Chriss

• Members

So it turns out I was being a douche (or not, depending on you point of view) for no reason.

The jazz band consists of a bunch of 14 year old high school kids, and they're going on at 7:30, so there will be no cutiing short of our time whatsoever.

Doh!

• Members
Originally posted by Chriss

Long story (rant) short...

Every year, we play a charity Halloween Ball on a beautiful horse farm in Bedminster, NJ. It's way cool lots of fun, but it's a long, long day for no pay. I do it for the fun and coolness factor.

This year, we've just been informed they are getting a jazz band to "open" for us. This means waiting around, listerning to jazz for at least an hour or so (sorry, I really don't like jazz), and our performance time is greatly reduced.

To me, it makes all the hassle not worth it, and I want to pull out of the gig. Am I being a douchebag for feeling this way?

what else do have planned ? If you had a paying gig that same night then yes but this is for charity , plus free food and beer possibly a Bj. But I hear you loading equip. and unloading equip.
sucks , not to mention the gas getting their. Plus breathing horse {censored} all night. your call :)

• Members
Originally posted by TELECASTER66

what else do have planned ? If you had a paying gig that same night then yes but this is for charity , plus free food and beer possibly a Bj. But I hear you loading equip. and unloading equip.

sucks , not to mention the gas getting their. Plus breathing horse {censored} all night. your call
:)

Actually, we're getting $500 for the night, which is half our usual rate. Factoring in travel time, loading up and out, etc. it comes out to about $8.25 an hour. But as I said, I love playing this gig, it really is loads of fun. As far as the BJ goes, my wife might not approve if it comes from someone other than her. :)

Archived