Naptime

UncleDig

• Members

It just is.

My grandfather taught me to appreciate the value of a good nap. Not too long - 1 hour max. Just enough to revitalize the spirit, and possibly insert a crazy dream into the middle of your day.

Thoughts?

(I'll read your painful slags on me when I return... from a fooking NAP!)

• Members

Originally posted by paulandpaul

i would nap, but i have a job.

Hell, this past weekend I was sick (a stomach bug and a cold at the same time) and at work, and I felt so horrible I went into the conference room with the lights out and laid down on the floor and tried to nap for 30 minutes. I was sore as hell when I got up though. And back when my first son had just been born and I was getting pretty much no sleep, on the weekends I would come to work and sneak a sleeping bag and pillow into the darkroom (I'm a photographer at a daily newspaper) and nap for about an hour. I'm lucky I never got caught, though I'm sure my editor would have understood.

• Members
Originally posted by paulandpaul

i would nap, but i have a job.

:D I should have probably mentioned that I'm working from home this week. It's something my employer allows me to do occasionally (all of the people on my staff are spread out across the country, so we work virtually anyway), and this week was a good time to do it so we could hunker down and prep for budget time.

So we are prepping, but for 45 mins there, I was napping. I did dream, by the way, but it was way too abstract and pointless to mention here.

While we're on the subject, I'm actually planning to leave this company before the end of the year and strike out on my own in independent consulting. (Yes, they know - and plan to use my services at least 4x per year - yea!). Thought I'd throw that out there so you'd be more inclined to buy my {censored} in the SPAM threads :D (didn't work, did it?). Gear selloff may be one of my primary income sources for a while :eek:

The world needs more naps.

Dig

Archived