The Fender Blender Custom

HalliGoalie

• Members

After reading reviews in guitar mags and on a lot of internet sites I've got gas for the fender blender custom it's suppost to be a lot like Jimi Hendrix's Band of gypsies and The Smashing Pumkins. So what do you think Yay or Nay.

fenderblender.jpg

btw the price tag is 150

• Members

Well if it's anything like the original or one of the excellent clones available, I'd say that the BOG/Pumpkins thing is about right - The top end of your instrument becomes searing octave and the low end gets all ring modulated and scrambled sounding. Pretty damn cool, but I haven't heard the reissue. If the reissue isn't up to scratch, I thoroughly recommend the Ronsound Flender as a clone.

• Members
Originally posted by HalliGoalie

After reading reviews in guitar mags and on a lot of internet sites I've got gas for the fender blender custom it's suppost to be a lot like Jimi Hendrix's Band of gypsies and The Smashing Pumkins. So what do you think Yay or Nay.

fenderblender.jpg

btw the price tag is 150

I thought the Jimi BOG setting in the manual was pretty spot on. As usual to make it work properly you have to turn down the treble at the guitar, use the front pickup.

• Members

Originally posted by 5macca

what are its dimensions?? how big is it compared to other pedals??

iasked this question few weeks ago and didnt get much of a response...

The footprint is approx 5"x7" and it's pretty low.

Archived