Zoom G2 - Patches?

4thought

• Members

I'm sure it's too early, but I'm asking anyway. Anyone have any custom patch settings for the new Zoom G2? It's a great unit with great tones, but some more pre-built patches would really help. Too bad Zoom doesn't do what Behringer does and have a place on their web site for people to upload settings.

• Members

I have had the same request(I bought the G2.1U which has the built in expression pedal and usb). With some work, you can modify 707 patches(which are posted everywhere) to the G2 as a starting point - I created a U2 Streets have no name type delay patch off of this, but it is a bit time consuming. You can download the 707ii manual off Zooms website, so when you look at the 707 patch settings, you can translate them into the G2(The EQ1 and EQ2 parameters were difficult).

From the positive response this unit is getting, I'm sure in time there will be patch databases, but its too new at this point. Wish there was a patch editor for the computer that could be downloaded to the unit.

• Members

I'd say eventually there will be a site similar to the one that has all the 505 patches.

These little G2's are great pedals, im using mine for modulation & delay when i need something in the effects loop for certain songs & it works really well.

Archived