OD + Big Muff!!! Awesome!!!

nosebleed

• Members

Yeah, that's how I like it.

I run my Big Muff's sustain wide open with the tone control about3/4ths the way up. For a while, the only use I had (and still have) for my Rat was a very low drive distortion pedal that I can run into my Big Muff. With that setup my guitar sounded thick as hell.

I also never liked the Big Muff going into a wah sound but my DS-1 into a Wah and then into the Muff sounds badass.

• Members

I also never liked the Big Muff going into a wah sound but my DS-1 into a Wah and then into the Muff sounds badass

Now we're talking, i think maybe that boxy, buzzy character of boss od's and distortions make the muff sound so crazy with wah.

great clips mr.bluetone

I recorded a song with the pedal setup i mentioned earlier. played thru a 1x12 bass amp and mic'ed with one of those skinny pc mikes, doesn't exactly sound like it live, but it gives you and idea.

here's the linkmellon drama

hope you like it

• Members

Originally posted by nosebleed

Now we're talking, i think maybe that boxy, buzzy character of boss od's and distortions make the muff sound so crazy with wah.

great clips mr.bluetone

I recorded a song with the pedal setup i mentioned earlier. played thru a 1x12 bass amp and mic'ed with one of those skinny pc mikes, doesn't exactly sound like it live, but it gives you and idea.

here's the link

hope you like it

I like the clip ...plenty of bass retained and yet graphic with the wah part!

• Members

Hmm, sounds cool. Whenever i run my Muff and amp distortion at the same time everything gets really muddy and feedbacky, with a little volume cut too. I guess having the OD first makes it sound good though, huh?

Yeah, muff into dirty amp doesn't really work for me either, what kinda amp do you have??

having the od first makes all the diference tho.

Archived