Tweaking an Ernie ball volume pedal

Themetallikid

• Members

I posted this in the amp forum and got no response....shoulda posted here first......

Is there a way of adjusting the curve of my volume pedal?

It seems that when the heel is down (volume 0%) its fine, but the curve goes up very quickly with little difference when you would normally get to the 80% - 100% range. I'd like to be able to do slower swells, or have more control over the lower volume parts.

Can I adjust the pedal like I would adjust the sweep range of my Crybaby??? By just turning the gear one notch, while I pull it off track momentarily???

• Members

Didn't know about that switch. How long have they been doing that?

If you don't have a switch, or don't like it, you can try adding resistors in parallel with one half of the pot. It's all described in this link

If you look for the IndoFunkCity Pan Pedal thread you can find some other stuff I did regarding tweaking the taper.

• Members

Hey Hoerni, kinda weird that this thread popped up after I dropped my EB pedal off at your place to check out the taper. Hopefully its just something I did when I rewired it. I thought I mentioned the switch under the pedal, but maybe not. Anyways, now you know.

• Members

Originally posted by danhops

Hey Hoerni, kinda weird that this thread popped up after I dropped my EB pedal off at your place to check out the taper. Hopefully its just something I did when I rewired it. I thought I mentioned the switch under the pedal, but maybe not. Anyways, now you know.

I don't think you mentioned it. But that's why I wasn't wondering how new that feature is, to figure if I had to look for it. Yep, now I know.

Archived