george harrison - all things must pass

b0dah

• Members

in a way i'm glad they only gave him limited album space, cause these tunes together on an album are just incredibly powerful.

a freaking double album's worth of SOLID material released the same year your band breaks up....and that band is the beatles. holy {censored}.

• Members

Of COURSE he had a great album.

He had all that material that John & Paul wouldn't let him put on Beatle albums all saved up and ready to record.

As I age I come to love George's writing style more and more.

And the song "All Things Must Pass" damn near makes me cry whenever I hear it. Beautiful song. Give Me Love, Isn't it a Pity, Beware of Darkness, just brilliant {censored}.

• Members

It was very cool...he talked about all things must pass with just the right amount of nostalgia and explained some of his spiritual views as they related to the beatles in general and that record in particular...I need to find a copy of that...

• Members
Originally posted by Montag

my good friend/singer in one band/trumpet player in another and i have gotten into huge arguments about the best beatle. he's a paul man. i'm a george man.

I too am a George man. He's the only Beatle for whom I have an appreciation of the majority of his post-breakup body of work. John had a few songs that I liked, and Paul still occasionally does write something I enjoy. George, on the other hand, wrote consistently great stuff.

I even like some of the Wilburys stuff. :o

Archived