Your playing question #2

blaghaus

• Members

somebody once told me i sound like early clapton. after a gig, one guy said my influences were "more limp wristed than my music lets on." one writer said it reminded them of early oingo boingo (i've never listened to oingo boingo).

people hear what they wanna hear. i just play rock guitar. i hope i get better.

• Members

I've had people say I sound a lot like Gilmour, Hendrix, Cobain and Keller Williams???? (Not all at the same time of course) Persinally I think thats ridiculous, but whatever.

Like Scrutinizer said, people hear what they want. If I've been listening to a lot of Floyd, I'm probably going to have that influence my playng. I went through a phase where I played a lot of Rush like rhythm work, sometimes I'm big into Hendrix. Sometimes I'm not really playing like anyone.

• Members

I did some recording with a friend and we put the tracks on cd and my mates from school heard it and they wouldn't believe that it was me. They actually thought it was Joe Satriani :D

First I was flattered but then I made a concious decision not to sound like satch too much. I began listening to loads of other styles; Jazz, Blues and country in particular. I still sound like Satch, and I guess that part of my playing will always be there, but at the same time I have accepted that maybe that ain't such a bad thing :)

• Members

Someone once told me I sound like a cross between the Who and the Stooges, so I guess something like that because I play real loud and fast, but not fast in a way like shredding from the 80s, more like fast like I'm going to completely self-destruct at any moment and am channeling this energy through my guitar.

Archived