Does anyone still make Fuzz Wahs?

• Members
  • Members

Originally posted by SuperSlinky

get a big muff and a crybaby

The problem sometime, with the two seperate pedals is that the wah gets lost in the fuzz, hence the Foxrox wah, buffer.

The fuzz wahs were wired so they played well together.

oh, and unless it was the original, you couldn't pay me to use a crybaby.

• Members
Originally posted by Backstepper

I just saw one of these at Sam Ash the other day. I want one, just for the Snarling Bootsy Dog...

SBOOTSYXX.jpg

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=4&TempID=5&STRID=12156&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=0&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=4&SearchPhrase=bootzilla&Contains=%2Abootzilla%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

I was scared those guys might have made one.

How do they sound?

because they look hideous to me. :D

they just look like toys.

I could get over that if it sounds amazing...

• Members

I can think of two fairly recent ones:

The Danelectro Dan-O-Wah. 6 different wahs and a crazy fuzz that you can't tweak at all. All in all, the pedal isn't too useful, but the fuzz makes makes it even less so. I suppose it could work in some situations.

The Boss V-Wah (PW-10) has a distortion (and delay/reverb) built in. It thickens up nicely and is adjustable, but may not be a strict fuzz.

• Members

Luv my DeArmond Thunderbolt fuzz wah...it is a {censored}ing amazing wah that also has a great fuzz circuit in it. It sounds like a vintage colorsound with the same sweep but more swampy feeling.

I think Dunlop still makes a JimiHendrix Fuzz Wah but I don't know what it sounds like.

• Members
Originally posted by Jakeowen

I almost missed this,

How does the Jacques sound?

Well, if you leave the Singing geisha part off (which does go EEEEEEEEEEEIIIIEEEEEIIIE) :), it sounds like his hand-made Fuse blower fuzz with a really useful and sweet sounding wah feeding it.

It is worth buying one just for the Wah IMHO. Of course I deal them so I could be biased :)

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

that singing geisha wah makes me want to rip a baby dolphin body in half with my bare hands and just kick its' baby dolphin brain all over a cold beach.

I am unsure of whether that would be a good thing or a bad thing.

Archived