new pedal not playing nicely

iwantpedals

• Members

i got a Vintage RAT and got rid of my small stone and now my current line is strat or SG > tu2 > ts9 > Rat > shredmaster > volume > dl4 > Hot Rod Deville.

for some reason it doesn't seem like it's playing nicely with the other pedals becuase none of the drives sound right. they all sounded like they were in a box, and very transistor-y. do you guys think that re-arranging the pedals or something would help, because right now i can't get any of the sounds i did before the RAT and it doesn't seem to sound the same as when it's out of the chain. any RAT tips?

• Members

the vintage rat should be true bypass. but the fender hot rod series can sound like they have a blanket over them with some settings. still, a decent clean tone. try different combinations of pedals, taking one or more out of the lineup at a time. could be a cable as well.

• Members

i'll see. i'll try taking the shredmaster out but if the ts9 and rat can't get along i'll be mad. i'll also try putting the rat before the ts9. i have a great clean tone. it just seemed like NONE of my pedals sounded good. not even my dl4. i don't get it.

• Members

Originally posted by iwantpedals

i also got a battery clip converter for my one spot so i could power the rat. but that shouldn't do {censored}.

So.....I do have to say that the one spots suck tone! I just traded to pedal powers and couldnt belive the differance on my comp. and wah and fuzz! Also I know that fuzzs like to be first in the chain; also see if the rat has a bad bypass! it may need TBing! just some thoughts.

• Members

okay, right now i have it after the ts9. i won't be near it until tomorrow. i was also playing my SG not my Strat. anyways, i was just shocked at how i couldn't rely on either of my OTHER drive pedals to sound normal. i'll have to check my EQ but my clean sound was exactly what i like.

• Members

adding the rat wont make any difference when it comes to your other pedals. i mean, you were playing an SG with humbuckers rather than your normal strat...what do you expect? humbuckers sound radically different...they have WAY more midrange and way more output....of course it sounds different. how can you even expect your pedals to sound the same when youre not using your normal setup?

Archived