Boss distortion

Achtu

• Members

I dont really think boss makes a versatile pedal that does metal too. They have the metal zone, but that cant do anything but metal and its still not great for that. Look for a used Zoom driver 5000. There is usually one on ebay and it blows away any other "metal" pedal i have ever tried.

• Members

the Boss OD 20 twin pedal can get you basically every distortion and OD tone they've ever made.

they're a bit more expensive than the single pedals, but they're excellent for what kind of features they give you.

i think the OD 20's can be had for around $130.

one pedal they make that not a lot of people talk about here is the Turbo Distortion. it can go from the standard distortion tones of the DS 1, into almost hyper metal territory. it has a mode switch.

it's the Boss DS 2.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

I hear the Line6 Uber Metal is actually pretty versatile, and can do non-metal distortion if you want it to.

I thought it sounded great for t3h m3t@l, but it had too many touchy knobs for me (flimsy, too) so I had to say buh-bye. I have a Carl Martin Plexitone coming tomorrow, we'll see how that fares.

Archived