CHEAP analog delay?

univox5138

• Members
Originally posted by lou_weed

The Arion and the DOD are the cheapest I think. Just sold my SAD-1 for $80 on eBay. I had it offered here for the same price shipped for about a month, no takers.

$80? wow, i thought they were $40 at MF. dang, that sucks.....for me atleast. :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by lou_weed

That's the SAD-3, which I think is digital? You can get those for like $30 on ebay. The SAD-1 is no longer made.

SAD3 is still analog, its also the grainest,l most self-oscilating delay I've had, I keep one around just for that.

• Members

Wow tha'ts crazy!! The arion sad-3 was on sale at musicians friend a few months ago for $19.99

I also see Johnson analog dealay around that price on ebay, but I don't know if they are any good or not.
For 20 bucks is it worth it to you?

• Members

FX90 is nice. You can open it up and try to mod it for longer delay time and more feedback. If you get overzealous, it will get noisy, but I found that just a hair more on the delay time, gets me a more respectable max delay, w/o getting too noisy. I love this delay, and until I get something like the Memory Lane, this is the delay for me.

• Members

Originally posted by autopilot

ibanez de7, isnt analog but in a blind test you wouldnt differ from the dod fx9 or other cheap analog delays.

Delay mode is awful, but the echo mode sounds fantastic on it. Very natural, but not really dirty like most cheap analog delays. Good suggestion though.

Archived