What's your lottery fantasy?

jcn37203

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Start a radio station. freeform. Hire some young dj's with good taste in music and let them play what they want. and since I don't need money, no commercials. maybe some, just to pay for the dj's.

It would be like college radio except I'd have a bigger transmitter and the other commercial stations would have to improve when my ratings kick their ass.

of course, I'd have my own show, too. ;)

• Members

i would get a financial planner first, before I ever contacted anyone, even the lottery commision. I would have a trust set up under some company style name and I would have the trust claim the ticket, which I would be the only one on the trust, other than my wife. That way, when a trust claims a lottery ticket, you aren't named in public.

I've read a ton of lottery horror stories about people commiting suicide, filing bankruptcy within a few years, etc. Lots of them say winning the lottery was the worst thing to ever happen to them.

Move into a gated community close to a police station and get a state of the art security system. Expect to have serious problems with friends & family unless you're ready to be called constantly by them requesting money. Get a unlisted phone number as well.

That said, I would build a bad ass recording studio in my house and have every musical device I've ever wanted. I'd build a house on a lake and have jet ski's and all that type of stuff. I would not continue to work. I think being in charge of that kind of money would be a full time job!

• Members

rent out a huge buffet hall, and give a free dinner with drinks, and a big jam session for all of teh HC Members who have over 2000 posts.

there would be mexican, italian food, sushi, all kinds of drinks, some smoke, hot girls. it would be a dope time.

• Members

They said on the news that if you were to have won the last Powerball 340 mil and took the monthly payments, it was like almost 900,000 a month. I think I could manage my budget on that for 30 years.

With that kind of cash, I would take care of everyone I hold dearly and has treated me right. All Foxrox line up for you forumite buddies. Those of you who have that already *cough* Rev *cough*, then something else I guess.

I would like to build a Hospital and Music school in Central America.

Build a house somewhere between Santa Barbara and Monterey.

Build another in northern Italy, probably on lake Como.

All the gear, toys, and junk go without saying.

• Members

Originally posted by agentcooper2001

i would get a financial planner first, before I ever contacted anyone, even the lottery commision. I would have a trust set up under some company style name and I would have the trust claim the ticket, which I would be the only one on the trust, other than my wife. That way, when a trust claims a lottery ticket, you aren't named in public.

I've read a ton of lottery horror stories about people commiting suicide, filing bankruptcy within a few years, etc. Lots of them say winning the lottery was the worst thing to ever happen to them.

Move into a gated community close to a police station and get a state of the art security system. Expect to have serious problems with friends & family unless you're ready to be called constantly by them requesting money. Get a unlisted phone number as well.

That said, I would build a bad ass recording studio in my house and have every musical device I've ever wanted. I'd build a house on a lake and have jet ski's and all that type of stuff. I would not continue to work. I think being in charge of that kind of money would be a full time job!

Wow. You've put a lot of thought into this. I'm not even sure how to go about buying one of those powerball tickets.

• Members

I'd build a guitar collection to put the late Scott Chinery to shame!

One of the cool things Chinery did was to act as a patron of the arts. He had Jimmy D'Aquisto build him a bunch of archtops any way he wanted. He asked him to push the envelope of luthiery when Jimmy was bogged down in years of outdated back-orders. In short, he allowed D'Aquisto to be a true artist. Sounds kinda cool!

I'd also have great parties in my backyard with all of my favorite bands!

I'd also like to build a house in the Greene and Greene style. How's this for a front door?

001.jpg

Archived