Looking at buying a Novation K-Station

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Boron

Cool - I looked at the K-station - had some very nice smooth sunds in there.

Ultimately however, aesthetic and a desire for rougher sounds won out and I went for a microkorg, but the K-station was really cool.

That's funny because I was just gonna post on how much I love the fact it can get some awesome industrial distorted leads as well as really beautiful ambient pads.

It's all about the built-in distortion and delay mang.

... and there's nothing better than having all the controls right there at your fingertips, although I really wish there was a push button for switching patches rather than that damn knob.

devi-

• Members
Originally posted by Devi Ever

... and there's nothing better than having all the controls right there at your fingertips, although I really wish there was a push button for switching patches rather than that damn knob.

devi-

You just have to remember all your patches by number..;)

I learned synthesis on a K-station. I've had nord g2 for a few months now and there are several of my old K-station sounds I have yet to emulate, mainly weird sound fx and deep rich bass. Also the bit-crunching distortion you mentioned, which can be used in patches to overload the polyphony, causing it to spit and sputter in a most pleasing fashion. I gave the k for the singer in my band to play with, but I am seriously missing that synth. If you have a line on one at a good price, jump at it. Only an Ion is better imo.

Archived