Psp

jcn37203

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Twang

You have a PSP? How do you like it? I've been considering one, as I ride the train for more than an hour each morning and evening and I thought it would be a good way to kill time besides reading all the time.

I LOVE the GTA games. In fact, that's all I play on my PS2. I finished Vice City, and I'm cruising through San Andreas.

Talk to me about the PSP.

I frickin' love the PSP, especially now that the the 2.0 firmware is out.

There are three main gripes internet people have about the PSP.

1. Firmware updates make hacking the PSP/ripping movies, etc more difficult.

2. UMD

3. Lack of games.

I shall adress those issues in order.

1. So what? What you're doing is illegal. Plus, the firmware updates are adding functionality, not just making it unhackable, or harder to hack.

2. UMD is a proprietary media format, like Beta Max or Mini Disc, from Sony. So, that sucks. They could have used Mini DVD. THis only matters for the movies though. And, honestly, the movie thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The UMD movies are often more expensive than the full-sized DVD versions. I'm not sure how the whole portable movie thing is going to work. BUt for games.. rock on.

3. This is being addressed. The problem is that immediately after launch, about 12 or 15 games came out, then they focused on movies, releasing a dozen or so UMD movies every week. Now they're refocusing on games. GTA:LCS just came out, and it's huge. X-Men Stories 2 came out. There's all kinds of cool {censored} lines up in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

PSP is the coolest gadget in years, IMO. Especially now that the accessory makers are getting on board. I've seen prototypes of a 4 gig hard drive, a 50 hour battery and an RCA television interface for the PSP. It's going to rule.

That being said, Nintendo's DS is really cool too. Supposedly they're launching a nationwide free WiFi network for the DS next year. I have no idea how that's supposed to work, but the idea is that you can get online and race someone in Mario Kart almost anywhere, for free.

• Members

Hey, thanks for the info! A lack of games doesn't really matter to me to much, as I'm really only interested in the GTA game at the moment. I've had my PS2 for about three years now and the only games I really play are Vice City and now San Andreas, as well as a cool baseball game I got a while ago.

If I were to get Liberty Stories and a baseball game, I think I'd be good to go.

I suppose it would be cool to watch movies too though. I wonder if you can get them on Netflix?

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Twang

Hey, thanks for the info! A lack of games doesn't really matter to me to much, as I'm really only interested in the GTA game at the moment. I've had my PS2 for about three years now and the only games I really play are Vice City and now San Andreas, as well as a cool baseball game I got a while ago.

If I were to get Liberty Stories and a baseball game, I think I'd be good to go.

I suppose it would be cool to watch movies too though. I wonder if you can get them on Netflix?

Not yet, but you can get them from Gamefly.com. Like Netflix but videogames.

There are some really sweet sports games for PSP now also.

Also, you'll have to get Lumines, unless you hate games like Tetris. It's not Tetris at all, but thats the closest comparison I can make.

gamerankings.com is a good resource for learning about games and seeing what people are saying about them.

Archived