Todays History Lesson: The Tuskegee Experiment

jcn37203

• Members

You know, the bad part is that I learned about the experiment on Bill Mahr the other day. Spike Lee was on, saying how he thinks it's possible the US government blew the N.O. levees in an attempt to rid N.O. of it's poor black citizens.

Tucker Carson was going on about how paranoid and insane Spike is, when Spike busted out the Tuskegee Experiment. I looked it up and it was like... damn. I mean, I still don't think anyone blew the levees on purpose, but how can you convince someone they're being paranoid with something like that just 30-some years ago? Tucker wouldn't even acknowledge the Tuskegee Experiment, saying something about how he wasn't there to discuss history. He's such a pathetic suck-ass debater, I wish someone would cut his tongue out.

Spike still came off like a sullen, grumpy, paranoid child, but it seemed a little bit more understandable.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

You know, the bad part is that I learned about the experiment on Bill Mahr the other day. Spike Lee was on, saying how he thinks it's possible the US government blew the N.O. levees in an attempt to rid N.O. of it's poor black citizens

you mean you *don't* remember Clinton's admission on this and all the news attention it got back in '97?

• Members

Originally posted by fernmeister

you mean you *don't* remember Clinton's admission on this and all the news attention it got back in '97?

No, not really. I mean, I guess if I saw some old footage it might jar my memory. But it didn't stand out in my mind, I didn't know what Spike Lee was talking about when he brought it up.

• Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

My mum (who loves a conspiracy) reckons that aids is man-made and was intended to get rid of blacks and gays.

An article I read today about Tuskegee says that 10% of black people in America believe that, and 20% believe it's possible.

• Members

You hadn't heard about this before? Man, I used to have respect for ya. Think of what you've done to the community.

....well, not really. :D But I am disappointed that you didn't know this. Wasn't there a movie about this? I think I saw the movie. Either that, or I learned about it in black history month, whichever.

I highly doubt there was a conspiracy to blow up the levees. Its much more plausable for me to believe that the gov't is incompetent then they would want to rid society of the minorities. Afterall, they do pretend to like them. Well they probably do feel like that, but to act on those feelings. Besides, I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's what the bird flu was designed for.

And Tucker Carlson is a {censored}ing moron. Spike Lee can influence America, but the NY Times cannot? Perhaps he forgot about the time a hundred years or so ago when another war was started because of a certain publication.

Archived