PAYDAY: Time for a DD20 methinks....

Lanefair

• Members

Originally posted by mrblackbat

I'm still using my tired old DD-5. Takes some punishment, that thing....

Yeah I've got a DD-6, but I really wanted longer SOS time, dedicated tap tempo pedal (ctl) and preset saving.

I'm worried that if I combine the DD6 and the DD20 I won't want to sell the DD6.

• Members

Originally posted by mrblackbat

How does a DD-6 compare to a DD-5?

As far as I know the DD6 is true stereo. Also the DD5 has a tap tempo socket whereas with the DD6 you have to hold the pedal down for 2 seconds to get into tempo mode. Also the DD6 lets you do 100% wet on the reverse delay mode.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i wouldn't even bother with a DD-6, go right to DD-20

Pedal board space is an issue there though....

I have no real issue with the thing to be hoenst, doesn't really sound like anything I'd massively benefit from if I changed....

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

Also I hear the DD20 {censored}s on the DL4 from a great height.

I hear that the DL4 totally Bon Jovi's the DD20's ass.

I went with a DL4. It is going nowhere, but I'm still hankering for a DD20. I do love my echoes (not enough for a Diamond or Toneczar though).

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

in my opinion it does.

i'd like a dd-20, but i'd also like a dl4 just to play with and to use mainly for the loop sampler. the fade out is nice, and it doesn't have the latency that the dd-20's overdub has upon activating. too much of a hassle to get used to, if you want to be dead on

• Members

Originally posted by Alexbiscuit

the dd20s analog sounds SO GOOD

aye.

Originally posted by Alexbiscuit

The only thing i dont like on it is the standard digital delay, i think it sounds a tad thin.

no way. it's the most accurate digidelay i've heard. pristine. neither adds nor subtracts from the original tone. i love it.

• Members

After using the DL-4, DMM and various other delays, I can truly say the DD-20 is a much better bet. The DL4 broke after a year and now functions intermittantly. Very frustrating and not worth hassle IMHO.

The Electroharmonix DMM is great sounding for sure but no tap tempo or BPM adjustments are possible. Synching the DD-20 to drum beats is awesome and creates some rich sounds.

My question is how is the best way to use the DD-20 into the
Boss looper pedal?

Archived