MXR M117R Flanger Pedal

VSpaceBoy

• Members

Originally posted by VSpaceBoy

Does anyone have a
MXR Flanger
?

I just picked one up yesterday and I'm not very happy with it. There is a volume drop when its engaged and I'm not finding it to be very flexible.

I'm thinking on sending it back and picking up the EVH Hoax.
:confused:

oh yeah it's really a hoax with that eddie van halen... ;)

check the hoax out in the store. i wouldn't say there is a volume loss.. but let's say it that way. when engaged it makes the modulations and it's the nature of a flanger to be quieter and louder on some settings... i also own a ibanez fl-9 from the 80s and i don't know of there is something like a boost but it's definately louder than the hoax...

so check it out. maybe you buy this too and send it back like the mxr.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitArtMan

I have an original MXR Flanger and love it. No appreciable volume loss with it.

What year is yours from?

When it sweeps, is one end of the sweep "faster" than the other end?

Mine is (it's a 1979 model), and I've heard that's normal, but I want some additional opinions.

• Members

Originally posted by VSpaceBoy

So you're saying that your Hoax also does have the volume drop?

I do understand what you mean about the nature of the effect but I've used Boss and Digitech flangers in the past and never noticed it.

What do you think of you Hoax?

i think the hoax has a little volume loss. not much, but noticable. but as i said in comparison to boss/digitech/ibanez etc... it seems like the other are pushing a little the volume... i think they don't have a boost or something like that. but my hoax seems nicer when i think the others are boosting.. :D

but i won't say it's "volume drop" beacuse the guitar signal seems to be the same.. it's hard to describe (for me).

Archived