Was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake any good?

jcn37203

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I picked it up today for 6 bucks just because I wanted a scary movie to watch. Just wondering if I should bother turning off the lights.

Whelp...R.Lee Emry is good in it of course, and Jessica Biel's boobs look great. Other than that I'd say...nah.

Of course I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to horror. I'd say it was decent, but not as {censored}ed up as the original.

• Members

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

Whelp...R.Lee Emry is good in it of course, and Jessica Biel's boobs look great. Other than that I'd say...nah.

Of course I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to horror. I'd say it was decent, but not as {censored}ed up as the original.

I was going to buy a Romero film, but I want to wait until they're all (including Land of the Dead) released in one box. I saw a box that had everything up to the Dawn of The Dead. But it didn't have LOTD in it.

• Members

I was going to buy a Romero film, but I want to wait until they're all (including Land of the Dead) released in one box. I saw a box that had everything up to the Dawn of The Dead. But it didn't have LOTD in it.

Yeah..not yet. I do have LOTD director's cut on dvd though, and each individually :). I'll also probably buy them all when released in a box set. The Chainsaw isn't that bad, I just prefer the creepy, grainy, {censored}tiness of the original.

I guess it's like, to me, poking around in an abonded old farm house was an idea I could stomach for a movie made in the 70's, but by now wouldn't everyone have seen the movies with that scenario made in the 70's?

• Members

I guess it's like, to me, poking around in an abonded old farm house was an idea I could stomach for a movie made in the 70's, but by now wouldn't everyone have seen the movies with that scenario made in the 70's?

lol, yeah.

Sort of like in Dawn of the Dead when everyone is like "What the {censored} is wrong with these people?"

{censored}, I would have been like "They're {censored}ing ZOMBIES you dip{censored}. Run! {censored}! Shoot your dad in the head and {censored}ing run. ZOMBIES!"

• Members

lol, yeah.

Sort of like in Dawn of the Dead when everyone is like "What the {censored} is wrong with these people?"

{censored}, I would have been like "They're {censored}ing ZOMBIES you dip{censored}. Run! {censored}! Shoot your dad in the head and {censored}ing run. ZOMBIES!"

{censored} I'd be like...you know...just walk away, they can barely stumble in your general direction.

• Members

{censored} I'd be like...you know...just walk away, they can barely stumble in your general direction.

Not in Dawn of the Dead. Those zombies were {censored}ing hungry.

Same in 28 Days I think.

I love zombie flicks where the zombies can run. That makes it so much scarier.

• Members

Not in Dawn of the Dead. Those zombies were {censored}ing hungry.

Same in 28 Days I think.

I love zombie flicks where the zombies can run. That makes it so much scarier.

Oh...NEW dawn of the dead....Agreed, but in 28 days they weren't really zombies you see, because they weren't dead, they were just infected. In fact they could be killed by being shot anywhere, not just in the brain like regular zombies.

I think one of the best advents of the 2000's are films with fast moving zombies though.

• 1 month later...

Archived