i have bought the following things on amazon today:

Montag

• Members

Henryk Gorecki - Symphony No. 3

Bill Frisell - Gone, Just Like a Train

Bill Frisell - East/West (time to delete my mp3s of this album:o)

Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die...

Explosions in the Sky - How Strange Innocence

Sam Prekpop - Who's Your New Professor

• Members
Originally posted by shepherdspy

yeh I have no idea who he is, I just put winnipeg in google and he came out. My mayor is a douche too.
:(

Bill Frisell is nifty though.

he's our first jewish mayor.

not all bad, but sometimes a douche, as all politicians have to be i guess.

• Members

I have the new Sam Prekop record. It is good, but really disappointing next to his first record. There isn't really a strong melody to many of the songs, and they just seem to float by on his airy vocals, which are not his strong suit. I loved his first solo record, and most of his Sea and Cake stuff, but this one is a big meh. If you're trying to be poppy, you gotta have the hooks to grab people's attention.

• Members

Originally posted by idiot savant

I have the new Sam Prekop record. It is good, but really disappointing next to his first record. There isn't really a strong melody to many of the songs, and they just seem to float by on his airy vocals, which are not his strong suit. I loved his first solo record, and most of his Sea and Cake stuff, but this one is a big meh. If you're trying to be poppy, you gotta have the hooks to grab people's attention.

Yeah, I have his first solo record which is really good, and most of the Sea and Cake's CDs. From the way you're describing it, I think I'll pass on his new one.

• Members

Originally posted by idiot savant

ive never heard anything by him or the sea and cake:o

i bought this based on some reviews

Archived