Artist using Alesis Micron??

gio01

• Members

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first thread.

Does anyone know any artist or song using the alesis micron in it? Seen anyone using it live?

I thought that this will be helpful in my research of choosing between the Micron and the Microkorg. I've already read almost every thread comparing these two and so far the Micron is winning.

Any help will be appreciated and keep it up with the good forum and threads

• Members

Originally posted by Diametro

I wouldn't worry so much about who's using what.

The Micron sounds great. Period.

How you'll use it is up to you -- that is, if you're going to be an "artist," too.

:thu: RIGHT ON!!!!

It's best to forge your own path with the instrument that best unleashes your creativity, let all of the posers copy you....

• Members

Thank you very much guys! I'm new her and to be honest I didn't expect such great replies! Very helpful and I also think that the micron is the way to go for the things I want to do.... Let me share my music with you guys since you've all been very helpful to me... The site is here

And thank you again!

• Members

Originally posted by mchristi

I could be wrong, but the band Mae use a Micron in their synth arrangements.

Motion City Soundtrack may use them as well. Both mediocre punk/pop/emo bands, but some fun songs all in all.

I'm pretty sure the Motion City Soundtrack guy uses a Moog-built Realistic MG-1 Concertmate http://www.vintagesynth.com/index2.html

The Killers use mainly a Nord Lead (2?), atleast on Hot Fuss

Archived