Xbox 360 or PS3?

univox5138

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

Dude, do a search. We just had a huge thread about this.

Conclusion: It's too soon to decide, because we know very few facts about the PS3.

oops. this is what you get when you don't log on for a few days. :o

true, we don't know much about the ps3, but they do have a game list out already. i think if they don't show anything else soon people will buy the 360 when it comes out.

The 360 is already playing in a walmart store near you. :)

• Members
Originally posted by ScreamCage

the 360 is the better machine (by a long shot), but in my opinion, the PS3 has the better games (bare in mind, i like the psycho/story games, as opposed to action).

i was actually thinkin the oppisite. :o

i've heard the PS3 is going to be way more powerful.

• Members
Originally posted by univox5138

oops. this is what you get when you don't log on for a few days.
:o

true, we don't know much about the ps3, but they do have a game list out already. i think if they don't show anything else soon people will buy the 360 when it comes out.

The 360 is already playing in a walmart store near you.
:)

I don't think the initial lineup is really all that important. It would be if they came out at the same time, but since they're staggered, it's going to be a long-haul thing.

Take PSP for instance. It's initial lineup was pretty weak. But now they're regularly putting out some amazing games for it.

A technical analysis of the two machines shows that it's really hard to directly compare them in terms of technical specs. There are a few good explanations of this in the other thread, so I won't go through it again here. But basically, they're taking two different approaches to the technology.

My official prediction: Both Sony and Microsoft are going to make a {censored}load of money. People will continue to argue about which machine is better. Both sides will point to "studies" and "comparisons" to support their claims. Awesome games will come out on both sides. And the whole while Nintendo will continue to quietly make incredible, inventive games, sell their hardware for significantly less, and continue to be the most successful video game company in history..

• Members

It all depends on what you read and who you believe.

my main concern is online/multiplayer play, and so far Sony's online thing has SUCKED. The live thing is gonna be built-in w/ the 360 and so far there have been some good shooters already being made. **cough** halo 3 **cough** :)

• Members

my main concern is online/multiplayer play, and so far Sony's online thing has SUCKED. The live thing is gonna be built-in w/ the 360 and so far there have been some good shooters already being made. **cough** halo 3 **cough**
:)

I've heard rumors all over the place about PS3 online.

Sony is definitely making an online service. I've heard everything from it's going to suck, to it's going to be better than Live. The only thing I've heard reliably is that whatever it is, it's going to be free.

Nintendo is supposed to be launching a free wireless service for the DS some time this month. In fact, I need to go check up on that.

*walks out*

• Members

Nintendo is supposed to be launching a free wireless service for the DS some time this month. In fact, I need to go check up on that.

*walks out*

there is/was a game coming out for the DS where you could make people sick or get a virus in them or something and then it would spread and you could actually see who you've infected all over the world. it sounded cool.

• Members

there is/was a game coming out for the DS where you could make people sick or get a virus in them or something and then it would spread and you could actually see who you've infected all over the world. it sounded cool.

Pretty sure that is for PSP.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/921084.asp

And yeah, it sounds kind of neat.

Archived