Guitar player/sampler for live use

Fresh777

• Members

Hi there -

Maybe someone could help me with this - I am a guitar player that is looking for a either rack or floor sampler that I could trigger using my feet - it would be primarily used for segways between songs(weird sounds or sound effects) and additives within songs - I would like to be able to both record samples from CD's and guitar/keyboard samples and be able to trigger them live - it would not go through my amp or regular effects, but stereo out to the PA somehow (i guess this might require a small mixer to go stereo out to the mixer then to the PA) I was looking for a small or compact midi controler or pedal that would be by my pedals to trigger the various samples/loops. Does anyone know how this might be accomplished? It seems like it could bbe a dauting task but maybe someone who knows more about it could shed some light on it - Thank you very much!!! Doug

• Members

there are a number of options i think. whats your budget? something like the digitech jamman would work. it has a usb connection so you can just drag and drop your samples. you can loop on the fly too if you so wish. its designed for guitar players.

• Members

thank you for the reply - My budget is pretty open(within reason) would not want to go over a grand or so - I did try the little Boss loop station, but it does not have stereo outs, just a mono out, so it is geared more for straight ahead guitar stuff - I will check out the digitech product though - thank you again!

Archived