Moderation

blaghaus

• Members

[conspiracy theory mode]

First Avatars, then, increased moderation*, before you know it it'll be on-topic only, and we'll only be able to talk about gear MF sell. You mark my words.

*Not including that bukkake stuff, that was dumber than jrak*

[/conspiracy theory mode]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't know exactly how tongue-in-cheek the original post was, but I've actually been thinking about this too ....

I mean, other than GJ, the other topic-specific forums, EG, AG, LL, and even *gasp* amps are VERY on-topic. I really like them for that (well, not amps, I actually just went there to see how OT they are) ... it's the electric guitar forum, you got there to ask a question about guitars, read what other people have to say about guitars, get advice, share guitar GAS, etc.... What, are we really not interested in effects enough to fill a page with effects-related posts? And then there are days when everyone and their girlfriends post parody threads, which is funny at first but then just :mad:

I say we either get moderation, or show enough restraint to stay on-topic here and go to GJ for off topic fun.

Just sayin' :)

• Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Don't know exactly how tongue-in-cheek the original post was, but I've actually been thinking about this too ....

I mean, other than GJ, the other topic-specific forums, EG, AG, LL, and even *gasp* amps are VERY on-topic. I really like them for that (well, not amps, I actually just went there to see how OT they are) ... it's the electric guitar forum, you got there to ask a question about guitars, read what other people have to say about guitars, get advice, share guitar GAS, etc.... What, are we really not interested in effects enough to fill a page with effects-related posts? And then there are days when everyone and their girlfriends post parody threads, which is funny at first but then just
:mad:

I say we either get moderation, or show enough restraint to stay on-topic here and go to GJ for off topic fun.

Just sayin'
:)

Well my post was half in jest.

This is one of the best forums on the web, otherwise I wouldn't be here. and I don't go into GJ because it isn't as good as here. Frankly, if this place was on-topic, I'd say 10% of the numbers would come here. Effects are good, but theres only so many times you can talk about which fuzz clone you want, or why delay rocks.

We dont need moderation. its as simple as that.

• Members

I mean, other than GJ, the other topic-specific forums, EG, AG, LL, and even *gasp* amps are VERY on-topic. I really like them for that (well, not amps, I actually just went there to see how OT they are) ... it's the electric guitar forum, you got there to ask a question about guitars, read what other people have to say about guitars, get advice, share guitar GAS, etc.... What, are we really not interested in effects enough to fill a page with effects-related posts? And then there are days when everyone and their girlfriends post parody threads, which is funny at first but then just
:mad:

Just sayin'

I feel so betrayed.

:(

• Members

I was always anti-moderation until recently. I know, it sounds like a case of "it was better back in the day!" but ... well ... it did seem like it was better back in the day. I have nothing against the ocassional OT post, but I mean, if the meatheads in AF can stay on topic, talk all day about amps, then {censored}dammit, why can't we talk about pedals, modding, circuitry, maybe even :eek: post some clips, ... ya know?

damn, just looked at AF again and they're almost as OT as us today. oh well.

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

I feel so betrayed.

Like JCN37203 stated in another thread, do we really want all of the "forum rules" enforced?

This is a great place. Online BS'n with some friends planet-wide combined with the ability to talk gear. :thu:

Just need a little restraint expressed on some things.

That is all...

• Members

I was always anti-moderation until recently. I know, it sounds like a case of "it was better back in the day!" but ... well ... it
did
seem like it was better back in the day. I have nothing against the ocassional OT post, but I mean, if the meatheads in AF can stay on topic, talk all day about amps, then {censored}dammit, why can't we talk about pedals, modding, circuitry, maybe even
:eek:
post some clips, ... ya know?

Drive the blade deeper... deeper.

:cry:

• Members
Originally posted by UnChained!

Like JCN37203 stated in another thread, do we really want all of the "forum rules" enforced?

This is a great place. Online BS'n with some friends planet-wide combined with the ability to talk gear.
:thu:

Just need a little restraint expressed on some things.

That is all...

I wish this forum would do like other forums and grant some members moderative abilities, so they can delete parodies, etc. I mean, self moderation is the best type, if there has to be moderation.

I get annoyed at times about page 1. But when that happens I just :rolleyes: and go somewhere else for a few hours and 9 out of 10 when I come back it's cleared up.

I don't even know what everyone gets worked up about. So far the moderation I've seen here has been really, really laid back. People give Phil a hard time, but he's the coolest forum mod I've ever had.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by UnChained!

It has been my understanding that the Moderators only enforce the rules when enough people complain about someone or something going on in the forum.

All I'm asking for is clarification of the rules (and punishment system), so people feel as though they are treated fairly when moderation is dealt out.

Ya know?

devi-

• Members

I was always anti-moderation until recently. I know, it sounds like a case of "it was better back in the day!" but ... well ... it
did
seem like it was better back in the day. I have nothing against the ocassional OT post, but I mean, if the meatheads in AF can stay on topic, talk all day about amps, then {censored}dammit, why can't we talk about pedals, modding, circuitry, maybe even
:eek:
post some clips, ... ya know?

I understand these thoughts, but...

I guess alot of us will need to not post. I sure as hell can't nor want to stay on topic all day.

If you have a friend that is an auto mechanic, is that all you talk to him about? I rather like the interaction here...

...maybe this just ain't the place? :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I wish this forum would do like other forums and grant some members moderative abilities, so they can delete parodies, etc. I mean, self moderation is the best type, if there has to be moderation.

I would never want someone to come here and it be a chore.

• Members

Originally posted by Devi Ever

It has been my understanding that the Moderators only enforce the rules when enough people complain about someone or something going on in the forum.

All I'm asking for is clarification of the rules (and punishment system), so people feel as though they are treated fairly when moderation is dealt out.

Ya know?

devi-

Agreed Devi. We should know the boundaries and the consequences. I'm just worried that this will become a "no effects - no post" area. That'd suck!

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

So now we're getting lessons in "moderation" from the forum's resident Liverpudlian ale-hound?

*burps*

Yeh, wossit to you like la? I'll tank you all over de gaff if yer dont lip it.

*vomits*

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by i am confused

:cry:

devi-

I was just banned for a minute, and now I'm unbanned... (created that other account to see what the heck was going on)... but everything seems okay now...

Seriously... WTF is going on?

devi-

• Members
Originally posted by blaghaus

I would never want someone to come here and it be a chore.

Normally, member-mods are volunteers.

I'd do it, but there would be a lot of very unhappy people were I modded, so I won't even go there.

But I agree.

I do agree that I'd like to see our rules solidified though. And this mysterious banning of people is kind of lame.

Guest Anonymous

You know... I'm just gonna slowly step away from this ordeal... because at this point I'd honestly rather not be banned again then get involved in whatever the madness is that is going on right now behind the scenes here at HCEF.

I'll see you guys in safer waters (safer waters as in threads not about how the forum should or shouldn't be run).

devi-

• Members

You know... I'm just gonna slowly step away from this ordeal... because at this point I'd honestly rather not be banned again then get involved in whatever the madness is that is going on right now behind the scenes here at HCEF.

I'll see you guys in safer waters.

devi-

see you in 5 minutes.

• Members

I'll see you guys in safer waters.

devi-

:wave:

bye bye shaky tattoo man...

tell the "artist" to take his parkinson's medicine next time.... :thu:

Archived