3 car accident

Marcus Dahl

• Members

So I'm on my way to FedEx to ship Donner his pedal and BAM!!!! I got hit from behind. This guy in a Jeep Wrangler hit this lady in a Pontiac Grand-Am, and she hit me. People were driving nuts. So after the report was done, I just went home. I figured I wasn't supposed to be out. I feel lucky that none was hurt and there was only minor damage to my truck. You can't tell it, but there was. I'll try my luck again in the morning. Sorry Donner. :(

• Members

Originally posted by innobidova

good to see that you're posting, instead of being hurt or dead. the pedal is okay, right?
:D

Thanks!!! I'm glad to be posting too!!!! The pedal is in prestine condition. It's one of the custom Donner painted Ace Cold Gins. I'm parinoid about packing things right. This thing could be in a major catastraphy and nothing would happen to the pedal. It was up in the front of the truck with me. I've got so much tape on it I could set in the river and it would float forever. :D

• Members

Originally posted by SorrowAblaze

:eek:

reminds me of a song by Headphones...

"Slow Car Crash"

your purse hit the wind shield when I locked the brakes

airbags inflated, seat belts engaged

a semi was jack knifed because of the rain

a hundred yards up blocking 3 lanes

we knew it was over and we both looked away

right at each other with spare time to say

babe, i love you and babe, i love you, too.

• Members

reminds me of a song by Headphones...

"Slow Car Crash"

Artist: The Normal Lyrics

Song: Warm Leatherette Lyrics

See the breaking glass

In the underpass

See the breaking glass

In the underpass

Warm leatherette

Hear the crushing steel

Feel the steering wheel

Hear the crushing steel

Feel the steering wheel

Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette

Melts on your burning flesh

You can see your reflection

In the luminescent dash

Warm leatherette

A tear of petrol

Is in your eye

The hand brake

Penetrates your thigh

Quick - Let's make love

Before you die

On warm leatherette

Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette

Join the car crash set

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Members

lol
:D

Yeah, I used to work at a guitar shop and shipped out guitars all the time through UPS. I was overly cautious before, but on day we got one of our guitars back, One that I didn't pack. It was one of the Washburn Paul Stanley Mirrored guitars. UPS had walked on it and broke the neck, and they wouldn't honor the insurance. So ever since then I pack everything to where it can with stand almost anything just short of a bomb blast.

• Members

Originally posted by Marcus Dahl

Yeah, I used to work at a guitar shop and shipped out guitars all the time through UPS. I was overly cautious before, but on day we got one of our guitars back, One that I didn't pack. It was one of the Washburn Paul Stanley Mirrored guitars. UPS had walked on it and broke the neck, and they wouldn't honor the insurance. So ever since then I pack everything to where it can with stand almost anything just short of a bomb blast.

sheesh! well, it's always good to pack as nicely as possible. i recently got a mixer that came wrapped with four layers of bubble wrap, and swimming in a box of foam! there could have been ten of those mixers in that same box with room left for packing materials! it's hard to find such care nowadays

• Members

sheesh! well, it's always good to pack as nicely as possible. i recently got a mixer that came wrapped with four layers of bubble wrap, and swimming in a box of foam! there could have been ten of those mixers in that same box with room left for packing materials! it's hard to find such care nowadays

yeah, anything like that should be packed with utmost care. i just hate when rock-solid pedals show up like that--or when i ship em and the buyer complains because it wasn't buried in 20 feet of peanuts!

one ebay buyer refused to leave feedback because the envelope i sued to send a trem unit was torn. the trem? perfect condition, but god forbid that the PACKAGING should be damaged!

• Members

The guitar shop I worked was Guitar Heaven. Rarely did anything come back that we shipped out cause we would double box everything, use peanuts or whatever was around to pack it good and tight. When we would get stock from so and so guitar company it would be the guitar in case or small box, and then boxed with hardly any protection. I was always in awe that they would make it with no damage. I care about the stuff I build. It's always packed well and insured. I don't know why that type of care isn't used anymore. I've had a few complaints about not being able to get into the box for an hour, but I don't care. I've never had a mishap in shipping, and I want it to stay that way....

BTW: Good for you guys to care about what you ship out. :thu:

Archived