Indie labels that take demos

auditorium

• Members

everyone i know who runs an indie label works with their closest friends and absolute favorite bands. even the teeny tiny labels get demos in the mail everyday. most go unlistened to...basically, my advice would be to A) make kickass music that someone can't help but want to be involved with B) tour your ass off. those cd's don't sell themselves C) make friends with people who put out records. generally, people who are putting their hard earned cash into such an unprofitable venture as a record label do it because it's music they love made by people they are loyal to (and vice versa). sending demos to a label is a bit like shopping for a mail order bride.

• Members
Originally posted by paulandpaul

i'm starting an indie label myself.

v e r y s l o w l y...

i have a lot of research and work left to do but i hope to have it be something decent in about 5 years.

someday it will be cool.
:freak:

*starts kissing paul's ass*

• Members

Originally posted by voerking

everyone i know who runs an indie label works with their closest friends and absolute favorite bands. even the teeny tiny labels get demos in the mail everyday. most go unlistened to...basically, my advice would be to A) make kickass music that someone can't help but want to be involved with B) tour your ass off. those cd's don't sell themselves C) make friends with people who put out records. generally, people who are putting their hard earned cash into such an unprofitable venture as a record label do it because it's music they love made by people they are loyal to (and vice versa). sending demos to a label is a bit like shopping for a mail order bride.

how is it like a mail order bride? there is no sex in a record label... is there? i wanna get signed now!

Archived