Infinite delay effect

jpcristo

• Members

This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm wondering what other effects pedals are out there that duplicate the "Eric Johnson effect" of sending a signal into an infinite, non-decaying repeat, while at the same time allowing you to play another signal over it at the same time? (Kind of like having a backing guitarist play the same chord over and over). Or is this something that any old delay pedal will do? If so, any recommendations? Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by jpcristo

This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm wondering what other effects pedals are out there that duplicate the "Eric Johnson effect" of sending a signal into an infinite, non-decaying repeat, while at the same time allowing you to play another signal over it at the same time? (Kind of like having a backing guitarist play the same chord over and over). Or is this something that any old delay pedal will do? If so, any recommendations? Thanks.

You need a pedal with an infinite repeat mode. I particularly dig the Digitech PDS series from the early 90s for this, but there are plenty lof modern pedals that do it.

Archived