Is a hard-wired on/off switch the same as true bypass switch?

Ryan Turner

• Members
Originally posted by tmd187

Where excatly do you modify your wah's at? I have a great GCB-95, I am lookin' to mod to TB, but I am not a circuit man. How much and what site would you recommend, or how hard is it. I am a fast learner.
:D

I did it myself on my old VOX wah, it's pretty easy. There's a bunch of info on TBing wahs on the Fulltone site and if you google true bypass mods you'll probably find lots of other info on it to.

• Members

The only reason I was asking if its possible to mod a 535Q to be true bypass (if needed) is because the last one I had (didn't know if it was true bypass, it had a bad switch) had a tape of wires runing to the switch and not individual one. Won't that make it harder to mod it with a different switch for true bypass?

• Members
Originally posted by FuelGTRX

The only reason I was asking if its possible to mod a 535Q to be true bypass (if needed) is because the last one I had (didn't know if it was true bypass, it had a bad switch) had a tape of wires runing to the switch and not individual one. Won't that make it harder to mod it with a different switch for true bypass?

All info you need:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledine/greenfuz/wah.html

And while I'm pretty cheap in modding wah's, I'm located in the Netherlands and shipping costs would render the deal less ideal for you.

If you don't need a LED, you should buy a DPDT footswitch (check out www.effectsconnection.com or www.pedalpartsplus.com ), get some wire and follow the instructions.

Archived